Search Unity

[SOLVED] VS2017 crashes when trying to load any C# script 2018.2.7f1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BinaryOrange, Sep 8, 2018.

1. BinaryOrange

BinaryOrange

EDIT:

I removed both VS2017 and Unity from PC and re-installed, and this time it's working! I'm not sure why it wasn't working before, but this seems to have solved itself.

I also restarted my PC a few times just to make sure, but again, I'm not sure what caused this to happen in the first place, nor why it is fixed... but I'll take it!

Original post:

Hi guys,

I've recently reinstalled Windows on my PC, and reinstalled Unity as well, letting it install VS2017 from the Download Assistant as I've done in the past.

However, it seems that VS2017 doesn't like something, and every time I try to open a script, it will act like it's going to open, but it disappears from my taskbar before I can do anything.

No error logs or anything is happening, and this is happening in any project. I double-checked that the tools for Unity were installed for VS properly, and they are, according to this screenshot. unity_help.PNG

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I've tried Googling it and didn't find anything on this topic for VS2017. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018