Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VR [SOLVED] VR Device not detected on other computers

Discussion in '5.1 Beta' started by Gruguir, May 31, 2015.

1. Gruguir

Gruguir

I shared multiple builds with other people, they can't launch them in VR, their output log show that their hmd is not detected. I also tried with a simple new empty project with one cube. It works like it should on my side when i launch the same executable. That's all five people having the same result. Builded on 5.1.0f1/f2.
    Maybe i'm doing something wrong, i wonder why the same build would behave differently on another machine ?

2. Cascho01

Cascho01

However I experienced the same, trying to run a project that runs fine on my development pc now on my laptop. link

3. MS80

MS80

use "-vrmode oculus" command and it should run in VR on other workstations as well!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Gruguir likes this.
  4. Gruguir

Gruguir

Many thanks :)

5. Cascho01

Cascho01

Works, thanks! Where is this documented?

6. MS80

MS80

7. Cascho01

Cascho01

Nice, but already any "official" docs? I know it´s beta....

8. Gruguir

Gruguir

the only link to this information i've seen is located on the VR writeup.
    However, i didn't had to launch the editor, nor the builds, with a command line myself, so i thought this information was outdated. Also i didn't read the VR Writeup and doc carefully and was assuming 'loadedDevice' was read only...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  9. jashan

jashan

Actually by now it's RC2 ;-) ... anyways, I ran into this very unpleasantly during a VR Jam - the command line trick would've helped. But I found out something really bizarre:

When you've activated VR in the editor, the same standalone build will start in VR, if you deactivate it in the editor and launch the same standalone (no build in between!) again, it won't work unless you use that command line argument.

I ran into this just a minute ago, when the built that previously had worked suddenly no longer worked. And I thought it had to do with building from Mac vs building from Windows. No, it had to do with running Unity on Windows and having VR activated. Today, I moved my project over to SteamVR so I switched off VR in the Unity editor - and BAM, the old build no longer worked.

Bug report filed ... EDIT: Here it is: Case 702042

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015