Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] VR and list of buttons on Go/Quest, difficult to click

Discussion in 'VR' started by mattbenic, Oct 29, 2019.

1. mattbenic

mattbenic

Hi,
    I'm using Unity UI in my project, and part of my UI includes a ScrollRect with Buttons added to it. I'm finding that my users (not experienced VR users) often struggle to click on those buttons. Their attempts at clicking would often result in the list scrolling, so I disabled drag based scrolling and replaced it with thumbstick controlled scrolling.
    This is a small improvement, but I'm still seeing that if the trigger press happens, and then the pointer is moved slightly, and the trigger released, it does not register as a click. I have adjusted the Event System's Drag Threshold up to crazy levels, but this does not seem to have any effect at all.

Has anyone else run into this and found a good solution?

2. mattbenic

mattbenic

It turns out OVRInput has an equivalent to DragThreshold for VR. It's "Angle Drag Threshold" and can be configured from the OVRInputModule component (default is 1, which is fairly unforgiving):

angledragthreshold.png

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. ltomov

ltomov

I'm having the same problem, but I'm not using the Oculus Integration plugin, instead the XR Interaction toolkit (2.0.0-pre.5) and the new input system.

I tried setting all thresholds (at least those that I found) to huge values, but it doesn't seem to affect it.

Is there any setting that affects this?

4. Chazzza

Chazzza

For anyone else having this problem using the XR Interaction Toolkit, it can be fixed by increasing the "Tracked Device Drag Threshold Multiplier" on the "XRUIInputModule" component on the EventSystem GameObject.

Alternatively you can increase the "Drag Threshold" on the Event System component itself, but this will affect non-tracked devices as well.

Zhnz likes this.