Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] VFX Graph: Particles w/infinite lifetime randomly dying

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by EthanMichalicek, May 31, 2019.

1. EthanMichalicek

EthanMichalicek

So I have a decently complex graph (see picture) I've been working on that requires lit mesh particles to either stay alive forever or at least for a very long time. For a while, this seemed to be working, but for some reason a weird bug(?) was introduced, and I'm having trouble tracing it. Any particle (at any arbitrary point after spawning, sometimes even immediately) simply disappears without warning, without errors. This is essentially guaranteed to happen - what isn't guaranteed is when. It doesn't even matter what I set the lifetime to - it happens regardless. I'm not sure if it's my VFX settings, my graph, or just a bug in the preview package that is causing this. Any help or insight is appreciated, thanks!
    SN1.PNG SN2.PNG

henners999 likes this.
  2. EthanMichalicek

EthanMichalicek

Ok I'm pretty sure I solved it, apparently directly inputting TotalTime into the Y component of the angle on the Turbulence node broke it, which explains the seemingly random time of deletion.

ItamarBN likes this.