Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved]Using CocoaPods with cloud build ?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by thibouf, Sep 6, 2018.

1. thibouf

thibouf

Hello,
    I am not very familiar with cocoa pod, but need it to integrate a 3rd party sdk ... I have seen that cloud build now support cocoa pods. But I could not find any documentation on how to use it ..

Can we simply put a Podfile somewhere ? Or is there anything that must be done in postprocess script ?
    Could somebody give me some sample of projects using it ?

2. thibouf

thibouf

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

CocoaPods is now installed on the Cloud Build build agents, we simply run "pod install" to install the dependencies before building the IPA file in Xcode.

I have found this great example for using PostProcessBuild and the Xcode Manipulation API to include CocoaPod dependence in the Xcode Project, this could be used in conjunction with Cloud Build.

I hope that helps!

4. thibouf

thibouf

Thank you for the answer. So if I understood I have to copy the pod file in the project forlder in the PostProcessBuild script.

I don't know why, I was thinking that you had added something to automatically detect them and move them without the need for us to write a script

5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

That is correct, the only thing that is automated on Cloud Build in regards to CocoaPods is the "pod install" step.

6. thibouf

thibouf

Thank you very much . I have successfully built what I needed .

For eventual future reader, the Podfile sample in the given link is outdated. To work with current CocoaPods version you need to define the target. Here is an exemple of a current working Podfile :

source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git'

target 'Unity-iPhone' do
    pod "WhatYouNeed"
    end

And also you won need to copy files open_pods.command and pods.command as "pod install" is called automatically in the cloud build process.

ollieblanks likes this.