Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Updating HDR Pipeline to latest version causes missing references

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Skitto, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Skitto

Skitto

I recently updated both my post processing and HDR pipeline to their latest versions. (HDR to 5.10.0, and post processing to 2.1.4).

After updating, 2 readonly scripts started throwing missing references.

The two errors are below:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.10.0-preview\Runtime\PostProcessing\PostProcessSystem.cs(59,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HableCurve' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.10.0-preview\Runtime\PostProcessing\Components\Exposure.cs(17,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AnimationCurveParameter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Win3xploder likes this.
  2. Win3xploder

Win3xploder

Also getting this error, any update on this?

3. elbows

elbows

I have not used 2019.2 alpha much yet but you should probably check whether this stuff is a simple case of using the wrong HDRP version - major HDRP version is usually increased for new version of Unity, so I would be trying to use version 6.x of HDRP (from github if it isnt in package manager) for 2019.2.

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

@Skitto, @Win3xploder Error comes from trying to use old postprocessing package with 5.10, you can't use old PP with HDRP 5.3 and newer. Just remove the PP package from your project, HDRP has it's own postprocessing built-in now.

Skitto, Win3xploder and elbows like this.
  5. Win3xploder

Win3xploder

I'm still getting that error where HableCurve and AnimationCurveParameter are missing.

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

These errors stem from a mismatch between the CoreRP package and the HDRP package. That happens when CoreRP is installed manually and you then upgrade HDRP. In that case the package manager will not fetch the latest dependency automatically.

Skitto likes this.
  7. Win3xploder

Win3xploder

I updated everything to the same version and removed the old PostProcessing package. That fixed it.

Harran922 and LeonhardP like this.
  8. konsic

konsic

Does SMAA work with hdrp 5.10?
    I got this error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasing': failed to open source file: 'SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasingBridge.hlsl' at line 70 (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with SMAA_PRESET_HIGH
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    5. Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasing': failed to open source file: 'SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasingBridge.hlsl' at line 58 (on d3d11)
    7. Compiling Vertex program with SMAA_PRESET_HIGH
    8. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    10. Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasing': failed to open source file: 'SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasingBridge.hlsl' at line 36 (on d3d11)
    12. Compiling Vertex program with SMAA_PRESET_HIGH
    13. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

9. Skitto

Skitto

Thanks everyone, I managed to get everything into working order. I first had to remove Post Processing, then also I noticed that shader graph and the core RP both were not displaying a new update even though they were outdated. After making sure everything was updated, I can now finally see a color other than gray in my project. Cheers!

10. Harran922

Harran922

I updated everything (URP and Shader Graph) to the same version and removed the old PostProcessing package. That fixed it.

charbavito likes this.