Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Unpublished changes by a phantom account?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MAWMatt, Aug 26, 2019.

1. MAWMatt

MAWMatt

Hi folks,

So the problem is that I'm being told there are a ton of unpublished changes by...me, or at least one of my accounts.

I've got a business account, as well as a personal account. My business account is what I use on a daily business on my PC. I've got a Mac that I'll sync to the project with the same account to make/test some iOS builds. I recently synced to a very old build to check a specific change, but since then I've restored to the current state of the game. My personal account doesn't have access to the game via Collab, just my business account.

With my business account completely up to date on both machines, and my personal account not having access to the game at all...how and why are there unpublished changes across the project? And how can I fix them when there's literally nothing for me to revert/publish?

This is a nuissance more than anything (not show stopping).

Thanks for the help,
    -Matt

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Matt, where exactly are you seeing these unpublished changes? Are they only in your Collab Toolbar listed as changes there? Or are you seeing orange in-progress icons over scenes/prefabs that say that someone is working on them? What makes you think that your personal account has unpublished changes to commit when it shouldn't have access to your project?

3. MAWMatt

MAWMatt

I'm seeing the orange icons on the various assets in the project view saying there are unpublished changes by me. The only reason I brought up my personal account, is because the only 2 machines I've ever synced the project on are both up-to-date on my business account. It makes no sense to be my personal account (since it doesn't have access to this project)...but where on Earth are these unpublished changes then?

I assume my art team sees the files as 'checked out' as well, though I haven't asked them yet (I will ask).

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I gotcha. Do both your business account and personal account have the same name? It's possible that you're seeing pending changes still on your PC, under your business account's name, and thinking that it belongs to your personal account.

When looking at your project on the Dashboard website, under the Collaborate->In-Progress tab, you can see all pending notifications from users with outstanding changes on your project, along with the file directory of those files so that you can tell which machine they're logged on. You can also clear individual notifications for the whole project if you feel that they do not need to be tracked. (The notifications will reappear if the project is opened on the same machine)

Your art team should see the same notifications until you clear them, either by clearing them from the In-Progress tab on the Dashboard, or by reverting those changes on the machine that has them.

5. MAWMatt

MAWMatt

Ah hah, wow...I never noticed that In-Progress tab before. So yea, there are 2 entries for me, 1 on my PC and 1 on my Mac. The Mac entry has the 227 files checked out that I keep seeing. The Mac itself says it's up to date.

It's definitely from when I was in the process of rolling back a bunch of times to try to find a specific implementation from a few months back. I remember something weird happening, having to restart Unity...not to mention a bunch of random collab errors (I believe because I'm on 2018.4.6 now but the build I tried to rollback to was from 2017.something). During this time I kept disabling the Collab service, closing Unity, and re-enabling it to try to fix it (it would error out even trying to restore to latest Collab publish).

I don't actively work on the Mac so I can definitely just clear those files. Collab needs some work, for sure, but I do still appreciate its convenience.

Anyway, thank you for the help!

Ryan-Unity likes this.