Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Unity XR settings reverting back to unchecked

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Nukeape, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Nukeape

Nukeape

Hi!
    I'm building a small game for Oculus Quest and since this is the first VR-game I've made there is the possibility that this is a simple fix (hopefully).

So my project is finished, optimized and tested on the rift. I was also able to make a test build just consisting of a single scene in a separate project and successfully built it and installed it on my Quest. Everything worked.

Now all of a sudden I can't select Oculus(or any other SDK for that matter) without unity unchecking the XR support box. I've followed this tutorial:
    with success before. I've searched the forums and Google for a couple of days now with no luck. Therefore I suspect it's something simple I've overlooked.

The only warning I get after unity unchecks the XR support box is:
    "Assets\VRTK\Source\Editor\VRTK_UpdatePrompt.cs(275,57): warning CS0618: 'WWW' is obsolete: 'Use UnityWebRequest, a fully featured replacement which is more efficient and has additional features' "

Have any of you had a similar experience?

I will post if I have any success of my own.

2. Nukeape

Nukeape

I had a small success, when I went to Preferences -> External Tools and unchecked SDK and NDK but let JDK stay checked. Then I proceeded to go to Project Settings->Android tab-> Player-> XR Settings-Checked the "Virtual Reality Support" box and choosed Oculus as a valid SDK. It worked! Built the game and installed it on my Quest. It crashed on start up though, no problem I figured. I will just fix it tomorrow! Did the same thing today and the problem is back. I can't choose valid SDKs without Virtual Reality Supports turning back off.

Thanks for any suggestions!

3. Nukeape

Nukeape

[SOLUTION]
    Got a tips: [VRTK_SDKManager] object ->VRTK_SDK Manager Component and uncheck Auto Manage VR Settings. I thought I've done this but turns out I missed it in some scenes. IMPORTANT: Do it in every scene in your build. Also there is two boxes in the inspector with the "Auto Manage VR Settings" I unchecked both and it worked for me.

I leave this here if anybody else runs in to the same problem!

4. al57

al57

Have the same bug, but unticking (VRTK_SDK Manager Component and uncheck Auto Manage VR Settings.) dosen't work for me . I'm tired with all thoses unity bugs.

thisaraunity likes this.
  5. Twilli

Twilli

what about for the same issues with the rift?

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nukeape unchecking both boxes worked for me, thanks.

thisaraunity likes this.
  7. wwaero

wwaero

WOW! Thanks so much I've been losing my mind trying to fix this infinite reload loop.

thisaraunity likes this.