Search Unity

[Solved] Unity.PurchaseFailed?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by john-essy, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john-essy

john-essy

Hi there can anyone give a little more info on this please? As we currently are getting 12K downloads + per day and we are getting a rising amount of Unity.PurchaseFailed events in analytics?

At the minute we are talking over 500 of them?

Is this normal and if so why/how?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

In the Analytics dashboard, you should be able to see the purchase failure reason for all of the purchase failure events.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Purchasing.PurchaseFailureReason.html

Most of them are pretty self-explanatory.

Unfortunately, we are a bit limited by the app stores about what information we can provide. For example, it's possible for a user to attempt a purchase and get a popup message from the store with some error message. Once the user closes that popup message, Unity IAP only receives the UserCancelled message from the app store.

If you see an increase in a particular type of purchase failure (that doesn't correspond to your number of downloads), let me know (or send a support ticket) and I can take another look at it.

3. john-essy

john-essy

Thanks for the reply, All i get is purchased failed i dont know the reason as to why, But with my downloads increasing this also is and im starting to worry that what if these are true lost revenue?

Are you able to check it out for me?

UPID 11265c91-24cb-46de-a00e-45f16e591d36

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

This is what I see on your dashboard.

It looks like the number of users that are getting PurchasedFailed is pretty consistent and correlates with DAU changes. It is between 15% - 20% of users. I don't know how that number compares to other apps. However, I do want to point out that this only gives a surface level view and doesn't show if a user cancelled one purchase but then went on to buy something else.

purchase-failed.PNG

You can see a breakdown in the reason and it is what I suspected; the most common reason is UserCancelled.

purchase-failed_1.PNG purchase-failed_2.PNG

It's possible this is a technical problem and users aren't able to purchase something, but the error message isn't sent to the Purchasing system. If that is the case, then I would expect you would start receiving support emails or comments about this problem.

As I said, it could also be that users are cancelling one purchase to buy something else. It could be that they have second thoughts about the purchase.

I checked out your game and one thing I noticed is that you don't indicate the price on your Remove Ads button. So people will have to click that button to see how much it costs, so that might cause more people to click and cancel.

One last thing I wanted to note, you do not have your Google License Key in your Analytics dashboard, so the revenue from your IAP will not show up as Verified. You can get the Google License Key from the Google Play Developer Console and it can be added to the Configure page on the dashboard.
    configure.png

RaghaStudios likes this.
  5. john-essy

john-essy

Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.