Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question [Solved] Unity Performance Issues on Ubuntu - GPU Not Being Utilized

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CreeperSaviour, May 27, 2023.

1. CreeperSaviour

CreeperSaviour

Hi all,

I've been experiencing some issues while using Unity on my Ubuntu setup. My specs are as follows:

• CPU: i9-13900KF
    • Memory: 32GB
    • GPU: RTX4090
    I'm facing an issue where even a new project, with only a single Plate created, becomes extremely sluggish. After some investigation, it seems that my GPU isn't being used at all. As a result, I'm completely at a loss on how to resolve this.
    upload_2023-5-28_2-14-38.png
    I'm at a bit of a loss on how to resolve this issue. If anyone has any insights or advice, I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance!

2. CreeperSaviour

CreeperSaviour

Hello again,

After continuing to work, I'm starting to think that my GPU might be utilized after all. (I'm not entirely sure, but I was able to display the GPU Usage graph.)

The first attached image shows the performance when I created and ran a new project in Unity. The second image shows the performance when I added a Plane and ran the project. The FPS dropped from 186 to 50, which seems drastically abnormal to me.

Additionally, while everything still operates fairly smoothly in the Game tab, the system becomes so bogged down that I can barely navigate when I open the Scene tab.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what might be causing this drastic performance drop would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3. CreeperSaviour

CreeperSaviour

Image:

Attached Files:

4. CreeperSaviour

CreeperSaviour

Hello again,

I managed to find a solution to this issue. Thank you all for your help.

Specifically, the solution was to downgrade the version of my Nvidia driver. I went from nvidia-driver-530 to nvidia-driver-525 by using these commands:

sudo apt-get purge nvidia-*
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install nvidia-driver-525

Thank you again for your support!

JasonXiao likes this.
  5. JasonXiao

JasonXiao

Thank you so much!
    I have same issue. Your solution works for me.

CreeperSaviour likes this.