Search Unity

[Solved] Unity IAP - Possible duplicate transactions reported?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by TitanUnity, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

We recently setup Unity IAP now that we've updated to Unity 5.3.1.

Everything is working on the payment and restore side, however, I'm not sure Analytics is setup correctly. While attempting to complete the Analytics integration with a transaction, I notice two entries in on the website:

Duplicate.PNG

The first entry is created by my call:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Analytics.Transaction(args.purchasedProduct.definition.id, price, Currency_USD, args.purchasedProduct.receipt, null);
    But the second seems to show up no matter what I do. I'm wondering if Unity IAP is behind the scenes sending in a transaction? This is a problem because it seems our report is massively overstated regarding revenue.

Which leads to my second problem. Is there a way to clear invalid data from the reports?
    Revenue.PNG

You can see how in the last one day, we have about $7500 reported just from testing (and I was never calling Analytics.Transaction() until just about an hour ago)... It makes me think that Unity IAP is automatically reporting incorrect information behind the scenes?

Any ideas what is going on here?

2. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

Ummm ok yesterday was even crazier than the day before.. we did several test transactions, but no where near that many... something is super wonky. I'll continue digging, but no solutions yet.... Ummmm.PNG

3. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @TitanUnity,

I am going to look into this and will let you know what I find!

4. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @TitanUnity,

I believe you are seeing these 'transactions' because $123.45 is the default value of all IAPs in the fake store while testing Unity IAP. I have made a note to reduce the default amount to $0.99 so that such a dramatic increase in Unverified Revenue will not be seen on the Dashboard.

5. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

We haven't been performing any significant number of test transactions, yet it seems our numbers keep climbing. To be clear, I understand that $123.45 is a test value, but my point is that I don't know why test values are being sent.

Can you confirm how Unity IAP integrated with Analytics is supposed to work with transactions? It seems like Unity IAP is behind the scenes posting a transaction... the doc leads me to believe we need to call Analytics.Transaction() manually upon a successful transaction, but that seems to create duplicates. Are we doing something wrong or is this a bug?

You can see our super inflated test numbers:
    Testing.PNG
    Also, once we get this figured out, is there a way to clear the Analytics data so this bad data doesn't mess up future numbers and averages?

6. nicholasr

nicholasr

We expect the Editor to be the only generator of $123.45 transactions.

Also, just for your knowledge when using Unity IAP there is no need to call Analytics.Transaction() as that will be called internally by Unity IAP.

I believe the reason you are seeing the ‘test’ transactions is because they are automatically sent when making a purchase from the Editor.

7. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

Ok thanks for the clarity, it wasn't clear per the docs I found whether or not the intention was to continue calling Analytics.Transaction(). That should clear it up.

Regarding clearing out erroneous data, is there anyway to reset or clear data from our account?

8. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @TitanUnity,

As of right now there is no way to reset or clear the data from your account. I know this is not the greatest of answers and we know that it would be extremely helpful to be able to do this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.