Search Unity

[Solved] Unity IAP is failing to call ProcessPurchase/OnPurchaseFailed and on Windows Store

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by skullthug, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skullthug

skullthug

Using Unity 5.6.2f1 with Unity IAP 1.13.1.
    I have an app already on the Windows Store and this is about my 3rd update to it at this point, however I'm running into an odd issue now where one of my IAP is causing some weird behavior.
    Both the ProcessPurchase and OnPurchaseFailed callbacks in my setup are set to unlock the "Contacting Windows Store" prompt I bring up which prevents the user from doing anything else- however neither functions are being called when I attempt to buy a specific IAP in my app which is causing my app to soft lock.

It's a slightly bit off the regular guided flow, since I am testing the purchase of an item a user already owns- but regardless I would expect the Unity IAP flow to still behave correctly and call ProcessPurchase, or call anything designated I can actually rely on once it discovers the item is already owned, as it is doing it for the other IAP I've tested with. It seems inconsistent, which is frustrating.

Here's what the console reports. As you can see Unity IAP seems to be reporting "PURCHASE SUCCEEDED!" at one point. I have nothing that does that output string I'm assuming it must be from Unity IAP...

This occurs both with mockbilling enabled and disabled.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. JayR

JayR

Hi @skullthug

This looks like an error in the purchasing flow on the Windows store implementation -- you should see OnPurchaseFailed getting called here. We will get a fix for that into the pipeline.

3. skullthug

skullthug

Thanks for the info @JayR
    Is it possible to gauge or say what the ETA on that fix might be?

4. JayR

JayR

sent you a link via DM -- a formal fix will take a good bit longer to produce

skullthug likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.