Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Unity Collaborate Error Uploading Project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by 265lutab, Dec 7, 2017.

1. 265lutab

265lutab

I am trying to upload a new project to Unity Collaborate. Other projects I have are working fine, but with this one when I try to upload any significant amount of data I'm getting an error message saying that unity collaborate cannot upload to the server. In the console I got this message.

[Collab] UnityCloud:: PersistentFaraday::Failure: Request failed from http://localhost:5001/v1/core/api/users/me: too many connection resets (due to Net::ReadTimeout - Net::ReadTimeout) after 0 requests on 51298560, last used 10.012061789 seconds ago

The project I'm working on is for GearVR and I'm using Unity 2017.2.0p2.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @265lutab! Could you tell me how big your project is? Do you have any assets in your commit that are larger than 2GB?

You could also try using Partial Publish by right-clicking on a selection of assets, going to Collaborate->Publish and try publishing a few at a time. That can help for slower connections.

3. 265lutab

265lutab

The commit is 1.6GB. I have a fast internet connection here so that shouldn't be the problem, but I will try the partial publishing. Also I'm not getting a consistent error message. Here is a screenshot of what I'm getting now.

4. 265lutab

265lutab

Using partial publishing I am being able to upload some things. It did already fail on something that was 23MB and something that was 54MB. For both items when I tried to upload them again after they failed I was able to upload them on the second try. Have you seen this bug in unity before? Do you know what might be causing it now?

5. 265lutab

265lutab

Very slow process, but I was able to upload the whole project. I hope this can be fixed soon.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That's strange that it kept failing on you for such small publishes. If you have a little time, would you be willing to run our Network Reporter Tool and DM me your report so that we can see if there's anything keeping you from reaching the Collab service in a timely manner.

It would also help if you could try running Unity using the -enableCollabEventLogs argument, trying again to publish again and, if it fails for you, go into your Editor logs and DM them to me too.

7. 265lutab

265lutab

How do I run unity with -enableCollabEventLogs?

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

9. InfernalMel

InfernalMel

Hello i have simular problem i can't upload and download/revert any file,where i need upload log file??

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @InfernalMel! Our accounts service experienced a brief outage early this morning that interfered with Collab operations for many of our users. Can you let me know if you're still experiencing an issue uploading or downloading from Collab?

11. InfernalMel

InfernalMel

service doesn't work for 5 days for me,and still no changes.I even can't see collab history in unity.

12. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm sorry that you've run into this issue for so long. Please get in touch with our Support team here so that they can help unblock you.

13. InfernalMel

InfernalMel

I found the reason why the service did not working.I downloaded vpn program for windows and when it's on everything is working fine. my goverment blocking ip google and amazon,that why collab not working without vpn programm.

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Ah, are you perhaps developing in Russia? I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all of that but sadly that's out of Unity's control. :( Just make sure to keep using your VPN and you shouldn't encounter any issues. Let us know if you run into any more problems.

15. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

I also seem to have a issue trying to upload a project.

The project is about 3gig, when i try and publish some smaller files it works fine, but when i try and upload larger files the network connection fails. I'm able to upload files to dropbox no problem, so dont think its a isp/router issue.

I regularly get no connections to the asset store from within the edior as well, so presume its related to unity.

i will run the network reporter and send in a report,

16. WinterTaltos

WinterTaltos

Yup same issue this morning around 1:30am. Maybe servers were down?

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is a random bug for me, and restarting Unity fixes it. It is annoying tho' because it takes long. Using 2018.3.4f1.

18. SkandYxyz

SkandYxyz

Still occourring in 2019.4.18f after a night of trying to upload my 16GB project.

19. swantonb

swantonb

my unity 2020.2 project is failing to upload and is stuck at 0 % for more than a week, i really need help on this. I tried deleting packages and more tips that i found here.. i even redownloaded the version from the cloud, overriden all the assets folder with the one that i worked in, trying to upload.. still stuck at 0%. What is wrong? Anyone here with same problem? Restarting doesnt help, basicaly nothing helps. I dont want to create a new project by unlinking this one. I need this one to work. Why doesnt it?

Edit: WAIT, it started now... i panicked XD. After redownloading the project from cloud it works now...took it a while to start but it is uplaoding.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/reactionseditor-l0Iy69RBwtdmvwkIo

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021