Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[SOLVED] Unity can't connect to any unity services and collab is not working.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by DimitrPapas, Jan 24, 2019.

1. DimitrPapas

DimitrPapas

Hey! So, I'm trying to connect my projects to the unity services but I'm always greeted with this message

Clicking on `refresh access` does nothing, well it actually redirects me instantly to the same exact message, and clicking on `new link...` does actually create a new project under my account in my dashboard, so now I have reached "MyProject (6)", but afterwards also sends me back to this same screen, again instantly.

Also, when collapsing the collab button, the tray looks like this

Does anyone know what might be causing such behavior? I've tried creating new projects through unity and through the hub, importing projects, copypasting etc. I've tried Unity 2018.2.7 and 2018.2.14 through unity hub for linux, on OpenSuse Leap 42.3.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @DimitrPapas! It sounds like there's something in your network setup that is preventing Unity's services from connecting. Could you try running our Network Reporter tool and opening a Support ticket from the Collaborate->Support section of your project's dashboard along with the report generated by that tool? We'll be able to see if there's something interfering with Unity's connection and help get you unblocked.

3. DimitrPapas

DimitrPapas

Sure thing, I'll do it first thing in the morning. I thought about it too, that maybe it was the firewall, and didn't know what to make of it because obviously some data made it through. In the unity website my dashboard does indeed spawn a new project whenever i request a new link.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

This may sound too obvious, but just in case you haven’t tried it, I have run into this sporadically, and when Refresh Access doesn’t work, I just close and restart Unity, and then it usually connects OK. And also in the Services Settings make sure it’s trying to connect to the organization and project that you expect.

5. DimitrPapas

DimitrPapas

@technicat thanks for the suggestion. Sadly it is behaviour that has persisted for a while.

Deleted User likes this.
  6. DimitrPapas

DimitrPapas

Okay, so, by looking at the editor log I found out that unity couldn't connect because it couldn't locate
    /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Upon some further searching I found out that on opensuse that file needs to be generated manually by creating a symlink to
    /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.pem
    and I did that by running this command:

sudo ln -s /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

This solved all my issues and now i can connect to unity collab and access all other unity services.

7. anonymosemouse

anonymosemouse

Ironically that issue persists with Linux builds. You'll find errors from curl.

Code (csharp):
    1. MonoRuntime: 5.11.0 ((no/d1502a3)
    2. Curl error 77: Error reading ca cert file from /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
    That path is not the same on all distros.

8. phrobion

phrobion

Thanks Sir.

miladekramnia likes this.
  9. miladekramnia

miladekramnia

Wonderful! Many thanks for updating us on this! Solved my issue..

10. Hecolo

Hecolo

Hello guys that's sound I got the same issue. But on Windows, what would be the command ? thanks you :)

11. Illay22

Illay22

Did you found how to fix it?