Search Unity

[Solved]Unity ads not showing

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Baecun, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Baecun

Baecun

I just activated the Unity ads function and created an empty game object to manage the ads and added it a script called "AdManager", which simply contains the contents of the sample code for rewarded ads (yes, I did change the class name to match the script name). I proceeded to create a button, and assign it the empty game object and make it call the ShowRewardedAd() method but whenever I click it, it doesn't load the test ads. I know that it's being called, because I tried adding an 'else' statement inside the ShowRewardedAd() method with a Debug.Log, and that works, so it appears that the ads are not loading.

If anyone has ran into a similar situation and/or knows how to fix this, please post a comment.

Thanks in advance

Edit: The code samples call the ads by "rewardedVideoZone", while the zone gets set to "rewardedVideo" when the project is created. To fix the ads not appearing issue, just change the code to call "rewardedVideo" instead!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Are you testing from editor and/or device? In case from editor, have you set active platform to iOS or Android?

3. Baecun

Baecun

I was testing from the editor, and the issue was just that unity was calling the rewardedVideoZone in the sample code, while when the project gets created the zone name is rewardedVideo. You guys should really change that in the sample code :p Anyway thanks for responding, I actually solved the issue, just didn't know how to close the thread :/

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Thanks for reporting this. Yes, we have a report on this, and will have it fixed soon

5. zero_null

zero_null

No my zone ID is correct but I am still unable to see even the Editor Dummy Ad Window in Unity Editor.
    And My Advertisement.GetPlacementState(ZONE_ID) always returns NotAvailable

CalsonNotSafe likes this.
  6. DBarlok

DBarlok

Test Ads in Fresh Project. In my case, i was 8 hours struggling with Project Settings broken.