Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] unity 5.3.1p3 is unity 5.1.3 in disguise ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dudester, Jan 16, 2016.

1. dudester

dudester

Hi all so installed unity 5.3.1f1 and of course got spammed with errors so i installed patch 3 of unity 5.3.1 (5.3.1p3) and i dont have any of the features of 5.3.1f1 , for instance , monodevelop is the same old one (v4.01), i dont have any new unet features suchNetworkServer.SpawnWithClientAuthority , i dont have any new access to unity particle systems , i dont even have the network discovery component , so what gives , did the all the versions after 5.2 bomb so they dropped back to an older version?
    Anyone else noticed this or is it maybe a glitch in the install?
    anyway guess theres no point using 5.3.1 as its so much slower and adds nothing so im going back to 5.1.3.
    proof is right here \/ . Unity 2016-01-16 02-18-02-17.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. Arowx

Arowx

Could you share code or a package that would allow us to quickly test this.

Also you should raise a bug with Unity.

Unity patches are not fully QA tested so this might have been a slip up that got through the build and release process.

Maybe they need pre-release tests that confirm new features or feature levels of builds. But they should have modular version numbers for sub systems?

3. dudester

dudester

4. dudester

dudester

im so surprised nobody at unity or anyone using unity has discovered this , or maybe they have and just arent talking i dont know ? and unity 5.3.1f1 isnt exactly in working order , this version is by far the most bugged out version ive ever seen.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The link you posted is indeed to Unity 5.1.3p3. I don't know where you got it, or how you got it, but here's the download link to 5.3.1p3, taken from our downloads page:

http://beta.unity3d.com/download/a581c9fffe9f/UnityDownloadAssistant-5.3.1p3.exe

6. dudester

dudester

thanks so much for the new link thats very odd cause in unity it says the version is 5.3.1p3 , maybe it was a glitch or something , thanks so much , im download right now .

7. dudester

dudester

damn i should have looked at the name of the file , still strange the unity version under help tab said it was unity 5.3.1p3