Search Unity

Question [Solved] Unity 2020.3.0f1 problem with 2D Entities

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Ismaeel370, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Ismaeel370

Ismaeel370

I am facing an error that I can't figure to resolve with 2D entities package. I am using Unity 2020.3.0f1 and after installing 2D Entities (com.unity.2d.entities) package if I play my scene I get the following error and can't figure out the cause of it. It goes away if I remove 2D Entities (com.unity.2d.entities) package from my project.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: A component with type:EditorRenderData has not been added to the entity.
    Attaching the screenshot of the error. I will add the complete stack trace in case someone wants to know.

Attached Files:

2. Ismaeel370

Ismaeel370

I fixed this problem.

How I fixed is as follow:
    Used the sub scene workflow for the conversion of the gameobjects to entities. Previously using convert to entity script component.

Cause:
    com.unity.2d.entities(U2D) package with Unity 2020.3.0f1. Face error only when I installed this package and used the convert to entity script component on required game object.

Requirement:
    I had to use SpriteRenderer from Unity.U2D.Entities.

I know a lot of ECS packages are in preview and still not production ready. I am sharing how I was able to fix the error shared above.

Antypodish likes this.