Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Unhandled Exception compiler error when disabling IAP Service

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by skullthug, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skullthug

skullthug

I'm sort of in a really awkward position here. I'm using Unity Analytics and I dig it, but I'm not ready to switch over my IAP to Unity's version quite yet.
    After some testing I've decided to turn it off, however immediately after disabling it I receive the following console error that doesn't go away and is basically crippling the project.

Whaaaaat do I do??

2. skullthug

skullthug

Discovered via this thread that deleting the files the IAP Service imports (Plugins/UnityPurchasing) is required to get rid of this error. Makes sense I suppose, but it would be great if this failed more gracefully?

3. Banderous

Banderous

The way Unity IAP is distributed may change in future. For now deleting the files resolves this as you state.

4. GameDev_Chuck

GameDev_Chuck

Could you please tell me which files exactly need to be deleted?

Edit: I deleted and re imported the plugins folder and that appears to have resolved the issue for now. But I'll be back if the issue resurfaces (which I have a bad feeling it might).

5. Banderous

Banderous

Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing

GameDev_Chuck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity