Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED]Unable to use Asset Store with UnitySetup-2017.3.0p2

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Pino_B, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Pino_B

Pino_B

Hello everyone,
    I am new with unity and last night while I was following an on-line tutorial, I noticed that I am unable to open any assets from the Unity assets store.

When I click on "Open in Unity" in the Unity Asset Store, in Chrome appears a pop-up windows "Open xdg-open?". I click the button Open xdg-open but nothing happen. I know that in the past, it was working (with an older verion) when I tried Unity for the first time in Linux.

Is it possible that this behavior is a regression or is new bug? Is there a way to manually set Chrome to open it with Unity?

My OS is Linux Debian Stretch 64Bit.

In case this issues has been already reported, I apologize for this new thread.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to all the Developers that they are working so hard in fixing bugs and making Linux Unity every day a step closer to a Stable release.

Bye everyone.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. Pino_B

Pino_B

3. ConorSheehan1

ConorSheehan1

I'm having this problem and installing monodevelop didn't solve it.
    Using ubuntu 16.04, unity-editor-5.1.0f3+2015090301_amd64.deb
    Any other solutions?

4. ConorSheehan1

ConorSheehan1