Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Unable to link

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Drowning-Monkeys, May 24, 2016.

1. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

hi guys,

so, during the retrieval of a update from the server from my coworker, i added a few files. When the update was complete, i lost my link to the project, and can't link back.

The error:
    "Unable to link project to Unity Services
    Unity Project ID no longer exists or you no longer have permission to the Unity Project ID."

As the owner of the project i find that hard to believe ;-)
    I double checked the dashboard, all the files are there, all the users are the same.

Can i continue to make changes to this project, or should i just download from the server again?

2. andyk-unity

andyk-unity

Unity Technologies

Sounds like you got stuck in a weird state between having access to the services and not. Could you try signing out then back in? That should refresh the link for you.

Emre_U likes this.
  3. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

that seemed to do the trick, thanks!

4. Emre_U

Emre_U

Same stuff happened to me and resolved by signing off and restarting Unity and signing in!

holliebuckets likes this.
  5. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you for posting your work around @Emre_U !

6. PCenrich

PCenrich

Greetings,

Let me start by saying I a fairly new at working with Unity and hope that the resolution to this issue is based on user error and can be fixed quickly.

I am the owner of a Unity Pro License and I am attempting to utilize the Collaborate function to work on a project on 2 different computers.( Mac and PC)
    When I attempt to add the project to Collaborate I receive the following error:

" Unable to link project to Unity Services.
    Unity Project ID no longer exists or you no longer have permission to the Unity Project ID.
    You can continue with Unity Services by linking your local project to a new Unity Project ID"

As other have had similar issues I have tried
    * Signing in and out of Unity
    * Restarting Unity
    * Undocking the Services Tab

Unfortunately, I have had no success. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

7. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @PCenrich! Sorry for the late response! We're just coming back from our holiday break.

Are you still seeing this issue? If you are then have you tried disabling any firewalls that you might have running and restarting Unity? In the Services Window, do you see the option to link your project to your organization?

8. PCenrich

PCenrich

@ryanc-unity Thank you for following up.
    I had already disabled the firewalls.
    Under the services window I do have the option to select link the project, however when I attempt to I receive the error attached. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
    Unity Error.PNG

9. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Have you tried clearing the error message and either refreshing your access or selecting a new link and then choosing to relink to your existing project? Or does the error message keep appearing each time you try?

10. PCenrich

PCenrich

@ryanc-unity I have tried both and unfortunately I still receive the error.
    A tip I found, was to unlink the project and then create a new link however I do not have the ability to unlink the project in my service window.

11. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for checking both options. Could you open your Console and Editor log to see if there are any errors in there?

12. PCenrich

PCenrich

@ryanc-unity I have attached an image of my editor Log
    Editor Log. PNG.PNG

13. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

That error seems to be related with connecting the profiler to an android device. Could you try opening your Editor logs to see if there are any additional errors in there? The Console offers a condensed view of the full log.

14. PCenrich

PCenrich

@ryanc-unity I did some further investigation, after reviewing the Editor Log with my security team they advised that there is an issue because I am working behind a proxy

15. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

@PCenrich If you'd like to try a workaround to help Unity's connections get through your proxy then you could try the following::http://blog.gfx47.com/2011/03/08/unity3d-httphttps-proxy-problem-solved-o/ details the following environment variables to allow connections on specified ports to go through proxies:
    • HTTP_proxy = <http proxy ip/url>:<http proxy port>
    • HTTPS_proxy = <https proxy ip/url>:<https proxy port>
    Please let me know if the method specified there helped you.

16. PCenrich

PCenrich

I was able to locate this process in one of the other focus, but unfortunately it did not solve my issue. I was unable to get unity to load once I added the environment variables. I have opened a ticket with my security team and at this time am simply working off network. Thank you for your insights into what was causing the issue, we hope to have it resolved soon.

ryanc-unity likes this.
  17. kjsan22

kjsan22

Hi PCenrich.. Is your problem resolved? I'm facing the same issue - "Request timed out. Unable to link project to unity services. Unity project id no longer exists or you no longer have permission to the unity project id". I tried all ways mentioned above and nothing worked. I disabled antivirus firewall as well. But still seeing the same error. Please help.

18. billbarsch

billbarsch

Here´s the solution:
    Hello I having the same problem
    Time outs and connection erros
    I´v changed my dns to 8.8.8.8 (google dns)
    and it worked!

Attached Files:

aimozs likes this.
  19. denis-andreevich

denis-andreevich

I have this strange behaviour in various Linux distro. For example:
    • in Debian 9 Unity works fine. No problem with Unity Hub 2.0.2 and Unity 2019.1.0f2.
    • in Ubuntu 19.04 with same Unity software, Unity Editor show me empty error. I can't not start Play, because Unity require me fix bug, but error message empty as i say.
    • In OpenSuSe 15.1 i can't use collab for error in screenshot below.
    upload_2019-6-28_10-2-53.png
    OpenSuSe 15.1 screenshot

20. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @denis-andreevich, could you check if you have any VPNs or firewalls running that might be blocking the following domains:

*.unity.com
    *.unity3d.com
    *.cloud.unity3d.com
    *.amazonaws.com
    *.googleapis.com
    *.pubnub.com

If you don't have anything like that running then could you please run our Network Reporting Tool and send me the generated report via a DM? That'll help me see if something about your network is preventing you from accessing part of our services.

21. denis-andreevich

denis-andreevich

@ryanc-unity
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ./unity_network_reporter_linux
    2. Unable to open file for report (/root/Desktop/UnityNetworkReport_20190704102116.log): open /root/Desktop/UnityNetworkReport_20190704102116.log: no such file or directory

22. denis-andreevich

denis-andreevich

@ryanc-unity I hundred percent do not use VPN and any specific settings of a firewall on the router. If I had specific settings inside the switch, synchronization would not work absolutely on all distributions, but it works only in Debian and nowhere else.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. systemctl status firewalld
    2. ● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
    3.    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    4.    Active: inactive (dead)
    5.      Docs: man:firewalld(1)

23. kjmitch

kjmitch

Hey @ryanc-unity, I've been having trouble with this on Fedora 30. I'm using Unity version 2019.1.7f1 and trying to pull and open the project from Unity Hub 2.0.2. The project is just part of the organization I created to move projects between computers.

I'm trying to open a project I've pushed to Collab on a different machine running Windows 10, and the process hasn't succeeded in weeks. The best it does is creating a local project for which it should then download the Assets folder and link to the project in the organization, but those things fail. Similar to the issues in this thread, but there is no unmoved copy of the Collab folder. I'm unable to refresh the link to the project in the cloud as well.

I've run the Network Reporting Tool as was suggested, but this seems more like an issue with Linux and Collab or Unity Hub. Has there been any development on either of these two threads?

24. kjmitch

kjmitch

@denis-andreevich, try to find the file in
    ~/Desktop/
    (or
    /<your username>/Desktop/
    ) instead of
    /root/Desktop/
    , you likely don't have access to anything in the
    root
    directory without using
    sudo
    . And the reporting tool certainly won't, so it would have put the output file somewhere under your home directory.

25. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

@denis-andreevich, thanks for the info and sorry for the delayed response. The Linux ecosystem is still fairly new to the Collaborate team but we want it's functionality to be inline with what you can expect on Mac or Windows. Going off of https://blogs.unity3d.com/2019/05/30/announcing-the-unity-editor-for-linux/ we want to make sure that, at the very least, we support Ubuntu and CentOS.

With that said, could you go into more detail about what you're seeing when trying to use Collaborate on Ubuntu? A screenshot of the empty error would be very helpful. Does this happen with other projects, with new projects, or just this project you're working on?

Hi @kjmitch, thank you for telling us about your difficulties with using Collab on Fedora. Does it seem like any project you make on Fedora that you try to download on Windows not finish downloading or is it just this specific project? I'm not sure if Fedora is one of the Linux versions that Unity is aiming to fully support yet but I'd still like to find out what might be going wrong.

26. denis-andreevich

denis-andreevich

@ryanc-unity hi. I'll give you all the information you need in a week when my vacation is over. At the moment, I can only list Linux distributions in which unity does not work. Tested it personally:
    * Fedora 30
    * OpenSuSe 15.1
    * CentOS 7
    * Elementary OS (work, but have many UI bugs)
    * Ubuntu 19.04.

Work fine with:
    * Debian 9, 10
    * Ubuntu 18.04
    * Slackware (current)

27. denis-andreevich

denis-andreevich

Attached Files:

28. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for sending me your network reporter log. There didn't seem to be any issue with you being able to reach any of our services from your machine. As for those UI bugs in the Editor, I would strongly suggest that you let the team in the Linux Editor forum know about it to make sure that they're aware of it. Can you also double check whether Ubuntu 19.04 is always supported by the Unity Editor or if that is still in the works?

29. aimozs

aimozs

Thanks for the hint! My modem died yesterday and I had to change it, and therefore the new DHCP settings modified the DNS..

I thought it was related to my membership or a temp outage for whatever reason, and I would not have thought about such a silly thing, but it worked for me too.. :eek:

30. Larry-Dietz

Larry-Dietz

I am currently having the same problem. After upgrading to 2019.3.14f1 Unity just won't reestablish a link to my project.

What I have tried so far...

Logged out of Unity
    Closed and relaunched Unity
    Logged back in
    attempted to relink. Failed.

Shut Down Firewall
    Logged out of Unity
    Logged back in

Changed DNS to Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)
    Logged out of Unity
    Logged back in

I am not using a VPN nor am I using a Proxy.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    -Larry

***EDIT***
    Ok, I am an idiot. I didn't try the very first thing I should have tried. Rebooting my computer. After a reboot, the project was able to successfully relink to the project in Unity Services.
    Still have no idea why it lost the link to begin with, or why rebooting fixed it, but I will just be satisfied that it is working again :)

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    ryanc-unity likes this.
unityunity