Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] UI Button not working at all

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Sargaxon, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Mamta_kh

Mamta_kh

I solve it, Actually some transparent panel was blocking it.

2. Freddy03060

Freddy03060

If you have created something like a pause menu then make all over canvases disabled whilst within the Pause Menu using (Canvas Name).SetActive(false); Make sure to Reference the canvas as a game object if your new to unity :)

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I solved mine by deleting all canvas in parents of the button. Why did the canvas block raycast in the first place? I have no idea.
    I was using canvas to group batches and with them gone now nothing batches according to the frame debugger.

4. AlterContacts

AlterContacts

Definitely a bug. I have done A/B testing and makes no sense whatsoever

5. perkays

perkays

canvas > set order > 1

6. ColtPtrHun

ColtPtrHun

Hi everyone!

I had the same problem, and for me the solution was to look for the EventSystem in the hierarchy. There is a Standalone Input Module which I disabled because it always creates additional inputs in the input manager which is quite annoying. However as soon as I reenabled it, the buttons worked...

-Peter

Mario-M701 likes this.
  7. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

This might be the most accurate solution. Show us your hierarchy.

8. codemaker2015

codemaker2015

Don't forget to add EventSystem in your scene. If the scene doesn't have any event trigger is not able to track any events that's happening in the scene

9. codemaker2015

codemaker2015

Ensure that the scene contains EventSystem

10. unity_LRx7qc-qvF-sqg

unity_LRx7qc-qvF-sqg

oh yes i deleted it thinking that it not needed to me i feeling self as idiot

11. Ar3max

Ar3max

Before Changing Any Settings or adding Anything, DO THE FOLLOWING:-
    1. Create an Empty Project.
    2. Right Click in Hierarchy and from UI, select Button.
    3. Play The Scene and Check if the Button is working or not.

Point1:- If the Button is Working, that means you have done something wrong in your Project(where it's not working).
    In that case, follow the solutions provided by others. One of them might surely work.

Point 2:- If the Button is not working, then that means Your Unity Editor has some bugs or You did something (unknowingly) which caused the UI's not work.

Solution: If your case is Point 2, then I guess nobody know how to fix it, or if Someone knows, then he didn't shared it.
    The Only thing You can do is Upgrade Your Unity Version.

The Problem Happened to my Unity 2020.1.4f1. I tried all the solutions(from different forums), but nothing worked.
    Then I decided to change the Unity Version to see if works or not.
    I opened UnityHub>Installs>Add, there I was about to install the Recommended Released LTS version, but then I saw there is a Pre-released Alpha Version Unity 2021.
    I installed it(cause I wanted to) and when I opened that same Project in this alpha version. The Problem is just gone.

* Since I got the solution in my first attempt, I didn't bother to install any other version. But I am pretty much sure changing to any other version will work.
    * Remember I installed another version from UnityHub, not from Unity Edtor>Help>Check for Updates.

unityunity