Search Unity

[solved] UI Button - behavior of instantiate with prefab

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Achim, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Achim

Achim

Hallo,
    I have a problem with a UI button, when I instantiate a prefab with onClick().

When I use a script with left mouse button, the prefab instantiates like it should, and fires a rocket up in the air:

Webplayer with mousebutton script ---> http://achimkinzelmann.homepage.t-online.de/Webseite/WebGL/Unity Pinguins/index.html

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    6. public class Raketenabschuss : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    9.     public Rigidbody Rakete;
    10.     public Transform barrelEnd;
    11.     public float thrust;
    13.     void Update()
    14.     {
    15.         if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))
    17.         {
    19.             Rigidbody RaketenInstance;
    20.             RaketenInstance = Instantiate(Rakete, barrelEnd.position, barrelEnd.rotation) as Rigidbody;
    21.             RaketenInstance.AddForce(transform.forward * thrust);
    22.         }
    24.     }
    25. }

Webplayer with UI Button ---> http://achimkinzelmann.homepage.t-online.de/Webseite/WebGL/UI Button/index.html

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. public class ButtonFire : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    9.     public Rigidbody Rakete;
    10.     public Transform barrelEnd;
    11.     public float thrust;
    13.     public void RaketeAbfeuern()
    15.     {
    17.             Rigidbody RaketenInstance;
    18.             RaketenInstance = Instantiate(Rakete, barrelEnd.position, barrelEnd.rotation) as Rigidbody;
    19.             RaketenInstance.AddForce(transform.forward * thrust);
    21.     }
    22. }
    Why does it instantiate in z-direction when I use the UI button instead of the script with the mouse ? And how can I fix it ?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. Julien_at_work

Julien_at_work

It's most likely because those two different transforms are rotated differently.
    And in AddForce you're using the owning transform, maybe you intended to use the barrel-transform?

Achim likes this.
  3. Achim

Achim

I tried and it is now using the Rect Transform of the UI button itself. Thats why it is starting like this now. When I rotate the UI button, then the rocket is starting in this rotated direction too. How can I use the transform from the gameobject from where the rocket starts and not the UI buttons transform when using the UI button ?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  4. Julien_at_work

Julien_at_work

Yes, that's what i said, in different words.
    Assign the transform that you want to use to a variable (i guess for you this should be public) and pass that into the AddForce method.

Or in german: Du musst das Ziel-Transform einer Variablen zuweisen, welche du der AddForce methode übergibst, 'transform' selbst referenziert nur das besitzende Transform.

example:
    public Transform myTargetingTransform; //this could also be your barrelEnd //eventuell möchtest du aber auch das barellEnd nutzen, dann das weglassen
    RaketenInstance.AddForce(myTargetingTransform.forward * thrust); //use it here //hier benutzen (oder evtl. barellEnd, wenn eigentlich gewollt)

Achim likes this.
  5. Achim

Achim

Great it works, thank you,
    Ich dachte es würde mit dem Script automatisch den Transform des anderen Gameobejct verwenden da es ja oben als public Transform definiert wird, Danke !:)