Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Two questions

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Omar Rojo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Ok, i have looked around but couldn't find anything related.

1. I want to change the company name of my project since its a previous company name with a trademark on it and i don't want to have any troubles, the company name should be under the player settings in the project but in unity iPhone i don't see any

2. I'm using PlayerPrefs to save scores from a game and pretend to make the player be able to submit those to a server but i found that the plist file is easily editable so the player can input unreal values to take arbitrarily advantage. I only tested in the editor though, is the same for the app released in the iphone ? i definitely want to avoid to create my own encrypted file to save this data..

Thanks in advance!

.org

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

1. The string you put there is com.companyname.applicationame and will only appear if the player settings on Unity iPhone are beeing checked, not the one of the regular Unity.

The company name there must be the same as the one in the iPhone Provision that will be used in the XCode project to build the application.

2. Common users won't be able to access the files as the private app folder is non accessable, even through applications like PhoneView
    What you use in the editor and Remote is in no way related to the actual iphone application.

3. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

1. Well the problem is that i started a project in Unity and put a company name like "XYZ", then i got Unity iPhone and opened that same project on it (probably this is my mistake?), now i got the bundle id on Unity iPhone but there is no way to view or change the company name "XYZ" to remove it completely from the project (and its still there since i opened a file called ProjectSettings.asset and there it is! XYZ at some point of the file). This company name should be no business for Unity iPhone right ? but the PlayerPrefs are saved on the file unity.XYZ.myGame.plist so its still hunting me and i want to avoid troubles with this specific company name since its a really company with trademarks and stuff.. i just want to remove it completely from my project(s)... any thoughts ?

2. Thanks! so no worries about that then

.org

4. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Ok i solved this by creating a new Project in Unity, set the Company and Product name of my choice, and the copy the generated ProjectSettings.asset file under Library folder in the project, to my Library folder in the Unity iPhone project.

The only thing to take care is that the iPhone bundle identifier should be re-entered.

.org