Search Unity

[Solved] Toggling analytics with Unity IAP

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by jimma, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimma

jimma

Hello,

We are a group of game devs planning on using Unity IAP for in-app purchases across google, amazon and ios mobile platforms. I have started reading the documentation but it would be great if I could get these two questions answered before I proceed further with integration

Had two questions on the same

1. Is it possible with Unity IAP to turn off analytics to not report our in-app revenue? Is this possible as in the initial period we don't want our revenue data to be exposed and have it private but then later once toggle it back on?

2. Does Unity IAP support consumption of purchases with all stores for purchase recovery? With the new Amazon IAP v2 that supports this, does Unity IAP also support this?

Thank you!!

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @jimma,

Thanks for looking into Unity IAP!

For your first question:
    Any data you send us is private - we will never expose your data to a third party. Disabling Analytics with IAP on is not possible because the two features are closely linked. Our intention for IAP is to provide you with the best insights about how to monetize your games and having Analytics turned on is integral to that goal. Our vision for IAP is not simply to help you collect revenue, but to help you understand why you're getting revenue and (as importantly) why you're not. Longer term, you'll begin to see us introduce analytics-centric tools, such as market trend information and store management...much of which will depend on data analysis.

May I ask what your specific concerns are with data collection? If possible, we would like to address any concerns that may prevent people from using our services.

For your second question:
    Amazon should restore purchases automatically, similarly to the way Android does, and this does work with IAP. You can also consume purchases of consumable items with Unity IAP. Does this answer your question? If not can you please explain your question in more detail?

3. Banderous

Banderous

By recovery of consumable purchases and reference to Amazon V2 I take it you mean explicit consumption of consumables to ensure they are reliably fulfilled in the event of crashes, etc.

Yes Unity IAP does this as illustrated in the attached; consumption only happens after the App explicitly acknowledges a consumable purchase.

Attached Files:

erika_d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.