Search Unity

[Solved] Syncing Locomotion System

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Lurc94, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Lurc94

Lurc94

Solved Syncing Locomotion system, if anyone is interested contact me.

2. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Wrong forum section, it should be in the collaboration section.

3. Louard

Louard

If I was you I would use a different approach to minimize data transfer.. Now, i don't know how important animation is to your game (like a fighting game) so I'll assume you're doing a FPS or TPS. In these game genres animations are 'mostly' window dressing so don't synch them, instead make the character self aware enough to know what animation he should be using. So, say you're talking about a walk, instead of making it that pressing the forward key causes the player controller to move forward while also telling the character to play his walk cycle, make playing the walk cycle a a function of moving forward. That way, you don't need to synch the walk animation over the network, simply synch the player's position and the character will compensate for the movement by walking on the client's machine. Does that make any sense? Basically you want to simplify animation playing down to reactions to simple state changes.. Like, don't synch the frames of an attack animation over the network, simply send a message telling the client the character has attacked and let the client play the animation locally. I hope this helps.

4. Lurc94

Lurc94

the thing is that the locomotion isn't synced, Idk how to sync that system so I just added it to the player and tried to play with it..

5. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

This user has been banned (again*), move along everyone.

*On multiple occasions he's been caught attempting to sell pirated copies of our software and he's simply not welcome in this community because of that and his horrible attitude towards UT staff and fellow forum members.