Search Unity

Question [Solved] Strange collision behavior after upgrading project

Discussion in 'Physics' started by arkasth, May 11, 2023.

1. arkasth

arkasth

Hi!
    I've been (slowly) messing with Unity for the last couple of months, and atm i'm working on a 3D runner game (modifying a working game, actually). Everything was going well, and i decided to update the project from 2019 to 2020, and now the character is tunneling through the ramps. The collision is working with everything without any problems except ramps, which the character does react to, but not enough to climb. The character goes up a little bit and then just enters the ramp.
    The character has Rigidbody and a Collider. The ramps have a Collider.
    I lost a couple of hours and did some research, tried all the collision detection modes, and also tried to mess with Fixed Timestamp, no deal.
    I made a quick test, and i think that if i place a Rigidbody on the ramp, the collision works fine again, but i don't know if this is right (i don't even know if it's working for sure, I'm going to test later). Also, i don't have a single clue why this started to happen.
    Any tips on how can i solve this and why this is may be happening?
    Thanks!

2. arkasth

arkasth

Solved by increasing the penetration velocity in the physics tab of the project's settings.