Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED]Strange black spots on baked lighting

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by RicardoCoelhoTTW, Jul 9, 2021.

1. RicardoCoelhoTTW

RicardoCoelhoTTW

URP Project with default URP settings
    I'm trying to bake the light in this room but I'm getting black squares spread across the scene.
    All objects are static, and I'm only using 1 light source

upload_2021-7-9_17-52-19.png

These are the settings of the light in the scene

upload_2021-7-9_17-52-56.png

And these are my general light settings

upload_2021-7-9_17-53-36.png

Any ideia on what is causing these squares?

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

I suspect these could be directionality NaNs caused by area lights. Which Unity version are you using? It should be fixed in newer Unity versions, but this bug is very elusive. Could you perhaps submit a bug report, along with a repro project?

As workaround for now, try switching the Directionality Mode to Non-Directional. That should fix the issue.

3. RicardoCoelhoTTW

RicardoCoelhoTTW

Solved it. It was actually really simple. I was using the Progressive Lightmapper GPU. When I switched to CPU, all the black spots went away.
    Unfortunatly I cannot supply the project, sorry.

4. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

GPU Lightmapper is not good as CPU lightmapper on the noise reduction. Especially for interior scene you must use CPU lightmapper to have zero noise/black spots

manishpro65 likes this.