Search Unity

[solved] Starting Unity fail win 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snortop, Sep 6, 2015.

1. snortop

snortop

I see that other have problem on starting Unity3D.

i get this screen

So i reinstall it using the free licens.
    I still get the same screen after.
    So i check the forum once more.
    And i notice my account says it has no license, but the only license i can choice i payed license.
    I have license for the free version attach to my account i see.

So i notice the free version is only for the unity3d version 4. When i click the Get Unity link and free personal use.
    http://unity3d.com/get-unity
    But i can when i click free version download, only download the 5 version.
    I get a file names "UnityDownloadAssistant-5.1.3f1.exe"
    So what to do now?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

There was an issue involving Unity when upgrading to Windows 10 without releasing the license. You could try deleting or moving the license file from the location Unity stores it and see if that fixes your problem.

On Windows it is stored in C:\ProgramData\Unity with the extension ULF.

Aurore likes this.
  3. Aurore

Aurore

Head of Learn Content Production Unity Technologies

4. snortop

snortop

I reinstall and remove the directory.

But still not working.

5. goat

goat

This has me worried because tomorrow I get my mSata SSD to 2.5 Sata adaptor to replace this aweful 5400 rpm Sata drive that seizes the interrupt system every time there is heavy disk I/O. I will be doing a Windows system image of my in10 install and then restoring onto my SSD Raid 0 disks.

You should write to support@unity3d.com and tell them you have exceeded the number of allowed activations for your pro license and to please add one back in. I needn't worry about that since I'm on Unity Free.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

@goat: Just don't forget to return the activation prior to upgrading Windows. They had an announcement strung across the top of the forum for a few days, but I suppose some people missed it. Not to mention all those who never touch the forums.

7. goat

goat

I know, my tablet fried and so I couldn't return my license even though it was free and so now technically I have 2 Unity 5 Free licenses. When I tried to enter my Unity 4/3 Basic license (a remnant of when you had to buy Unity Basic) in Unity 5 it didn't take my license so there is no association with my old licenses except via my Unity account on the web.

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

Ah. I never bother telling it to return Unity Free licenses. Just now decided to check and I have twelve licenses. We need a way to remove some of these. :p

goat likes this.
  9. snortop

snortop

Well it not pro account i had.

But i just tired to make a new free account and had the same problem.
    Im thinking i have the wrong version installed. It keep installing the ver. 5 and i think it only version 4 that is free.
    But have do i get the free version when i can get it from the download page?

10. goat

goat

Version 5 is free. Latest is 5.2.0f3 which you can get here:

http://unity3d.com/get-unity/update

On that page you can choose to let the downloader download Unity or you can download the parts of Unity with the links under the link to the Unity downloader program.

If you still have 4 or any other version of Unity installed, uninstall it before installing it.

Maybe you need clean install of your Windows if you have corrupted registry.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  11. snortop

snortop

Think i got it now.. found the version 4.x clicking the older version link.. which i didnt see before *blush*

12. snortop

snortop

yes work now!

goat likes this.
unityunity