Search Unity

[SOLVED] Standard assets gives too many errors in new versions

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by BrewNCode, Jan 25, 2019.

1. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Hello, people who know all. I have a problem that is bugging me THE HELL UP. I have Unity 2018.2 And now in the new versions, I have to get the standard assets out from the Asset Store. Well, when I import the assets that I need (I imported Characters, Utility, and CrossPlatofrmInput assets) I got too many errors.

Why is that That I need to restart the project to make those errors go away?

fxshot likes this.
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This is probably why they are working on a new standard assets package last I checked. Why you are getting the errors would depend on what exactly the errors are, which you haven't mentioned.

In my experience you should never import the entire standard assets package, it is full of mostly stuff you won't use. Only import exactly what you need from it, which is often next to nothing.

Homicide likes this.
  3. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

when you say to import just the necessary, you mean importing - for instance- Only the ThirdCharacterController prefab?

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If that is all you want out of it, yeah the prefab and any scripts it may need. Generally with the standard assets you're going to want to replace them with stuff you write yourself that fits better with your game anyways. Though they can be useful for prototyping or throwing together just something really quick.

BrewNCode likes this.
  5. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Thank you for the answer.

6. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

UPDATE: I just found the perfect solution for this. I just downloaded the 2017 version. Problem solved.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  7. Taintedangel

Taintedangel

Welcome to unity!! I had this on 2017, 2018. I couldn't complete a project so I quit using it for now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I was getting errors in an empty scene. Cleared caches.. nothing worked. I'm bummed but hopefully they'll get it working soon cause I like unity.

8. Mysterious_Soul123

Mysterious_Soul123

2019 same errors for me.

9. hypernaturalgames

hypernaturalgames

Package contains this description:

"Package has been submitted using Unity 5.0.0, 5.1.4, 5.2.4, 5.3.1, 5.4.2, 5.5.0, 5.6.0, 2017.1.0, 2017.3.0, and 2017.3.1 to improve compatibility with the range of these versions of Unity"

So I guess it would be wise to use it on a 2017.3 at most. I'm trying now on a 2019.1 and I'm having some issues with the Car AI control.

10. unitybetawevoO

unitybetawevoO

same errors guys how to solve