Search Unity

[SOLVED] Sprite graphics quality seems very low res on WebGL builds on 2018.2.

Discussion in 'Web' started by ravishnair, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ravishnair

ravishnair

So, I recently moved from 5.6.3p1 to 2018.2.1, and everything seems to be working as expected for the most part, except the graphics in game. Most of them now seem to be very low res, and pixelated. Earlier, they were put into atlases using packing tags and that seemed to work.

Things that I have tried:
    1. Removed packing tags, made sprite Atlases, set Sprite Packer to Always Enabled in Editor Settings: still looks low res
    2. Removed packing tags and not assigned certain Sprites to atlases: These seem to look good, but not really a way to go
    3. Kept the packing tags and set Sprite Packer to "Always enabled (Legacy)" and these come out pixelated too.

I have also tried different compression formats, right from DXT5 to RBGA 32 bit, and have seen similar results. Anyone else faced this issue and figured out a solution for it?

2. ravishnair

ravishnair

shameless bump

3. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Is this specific to WebGL or is it reproducible on other platforms?

4. ravishnair

ravishnair

I have moved on to trying to build it on android to see if that issue still occurs, which is currently giving me compilation errors. I should have this fixed soon and get back to you on it.

EDIT: That said, it looked fine on WebGL builds on 5.6.3, and also on Android and iOS builds on that version.

I also noticed that I cannot set the Compression to anything other than "Normal Quality" on the "Default" tab of the sprite Atlases that I use. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  5. ravishnair

ravishnair

Finally, after much hacking with our build system, got an Android build out and yes, it is low quality on that build as well.

6. ravishnair

ravishnair