Search Unity

[SOLVED] Sprite atlas not rebuilt?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by pixelsplit, Feb 2, 2015.

1. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

Hi,

we created several iterations of our game and we noticed one thing today:
    New sprites that were added to our game (for UI) are not correctly shown - they are just appearing as a white block. I think that the sprite atlas is not rebuilt or something like that.

Is this a known issue? How to find out what the causes the problem? Manually building with XCode shows the sprites correctly.

Regards,
    Bennet

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

That's very interesting! Which Unity version do you currently use? If you like you can file a support ticket. If you have a dedicated minimal reproducible project it would help a lot as I have not seen this problem before!

3. Pix10

Pix10

A cautionary tale, which may or may not apply ... I use scripts to export psd layers to seperate SD/HD folders, and until recently I'd drag the folders into Unity to update only the changed sprites.

However I discovered any new sprites in the folder wouldn't be seen by SourceTree, and consequently cloud builds were showing up with white sprites (checking out the src in bitbucket verified the files weren't being versioned).

Odd bug, wasn't sure if it's Unity or SourceTree but got distracted from writing a bug report, and forgot until I saw this thread...

David-Berger likes this.
  4. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

@Pix10: Thanks for your reply! Also my new sprites don't seem to be added to the repository. I just used plain git command line. I'll investigate on that one.

5. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

Wow, when I started I just copy pasted a ignore file that was available in the net. It contains a line "Icon?" - the folder where my grafics are missing is named "Icons". Just added this .gitignore after my first commit, so the inital icons that were there at that time were added. After the adding no icons were pushed anymore. Just replaced the "Icon?" line now.

So thanks for your hint!

Thread can be closed.

David-Berger likes this.