Search Unity

[solved]some newbie questions about adds

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by anthonov, Oct 18, 2015.

1. anthonov

anthonov

hello,
    im trying to publish my game on google play, but its difficult for me to figure how can i control if adds really work.
    my submission updated game has been rejeceted in google play, without precision.
    can unity adds have implication with that? with the age designation under 13?
    Or the google play URL to put in dashboard? before or after publication update? and if i change the age designation
    between tow update? how thes things works?
    my game is an arcade bombing defense.
    I want to test if adds real works but i have no right to test myself so what i have to do?
    i desactivate test add and try to view few real add, but just unity test add was displayed.
    then I coding: (if testMode==false and advert.isReady) to be sure to display a real add for testing, but no real add to display, or maybe it take time to send the desactivate test mode request from the "in unity" service dashboard?
    im sooo confused with all of that can someone help me?

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hard to say without more information...

If your game is for kids under 13 in US, you should set the COPPA flag for your game. Note you cannot change COPPA setting afterwards.

You update the Google Play url in our dashboard after your game has been published

Yes, it can take a few minutes for server-side settings to be propagated to our ads delivery server, but I don't get what the testMode variable is used for in your code, if you are changing setting on server side.

Hope this helps a little, but I think you need to take a closer look at e.g. https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/Documentation for Publishers/Integration-Guide-for-Unity-Asset-Store or http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Advertisements.Advertisement.Show.html for some more information on integrating Unity Ads into your game.

-Rasmus

3. anthonov

anthonov

thank,s
    i used code with test mode to be sure while testing to display only real advert, since i dont know if it work for real in my game.
    i set test mode to false in my project in unity yesterday, and today no add to display, conditions code is plug to a button to let the user to see a rewarded add, and this button is now always off since i disable test mode.
    Its like there is no add available.
    maybe unity add dont let me to see a real add for testing?
    Also about google rejection,
    my game is a arcade bomber defender, you can see it here,
    on french independant forum: http://www.unity3d-france.com/unity/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11038
    i published a first version with google light violence age rating, and unity adds with with the age designation not under 13.
    i changed unity service project and age designation to under 13, i thinked it was good because my google cerificat rating
    for USA is "for everyone"
    And with a second and third update, there were rejected for :Violation of the Google Play content rating policy.
    So im so confused with this, my game is no very violent, no scream, no blood, just explosion.
    if i set my rating google age a bit more violent, i go to "not under age of 12 or 15 years old" and it a bit overragerating for a simple 2d game.
    but i think i should open a new post for this.

[EDIT:]

So i have here two questions:

1: how can i be sure to display real working add in my game?,
    if testing add are still display with testmode disable is this meaning that unity add system didtnt still receive disable request? even after 24h?

2: what have i to do or choose with coppa "age designation under 13"?
    i dont undertand what is it, and if it can be linked to google play rejection for violation of content age rating.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  4. anthonov

anthonov

So i come answer myself for google play age rating and that was not linked to unity coppa age designation. (i suppose)
    Google answer and told me to level up age rating, so now my game game is: not under under 12 years old minimum, and not under 16 maximum, depend on country..........
    im classed with:
    "realistic violence against animals or non human creature from distant"
    i will set coppa and age designation for children under 13 if i understand right.

Ok, now ads are finaly right working, i saw a real ad.
    cant say what was wrong with.
    all my problems are resolved now i think.