Search Unity

(Solved) Single Pass Bloom (Legacy Image Effect)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AcidSheep, Mar 6, 2019.

1. AcidSheep

AcidSheep

Hi.

I am searching for someone that can modify the old "original" Bloom Image Effect from Unity.
    Of course, I know that there is a Post Processing Stack which works with Single Pass, but that bloom is computed in a different way.

The original Bloom had / has a very distinct look with zero artifacts and much less jittering during movement. Also in regards to Color and the Settings, I like its look way more than the look of the Blur in the PostProcessing stack.

I have found this Unity doc on how to modify a Post Processing Effect to run in Single Pass Rendering (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SinglePassStereoRendering.html) but failed to comprehend / implement it myself.

Attached is the script and shader ( I hope this does not violate any guidelines. The code is from the Unity Standard Assets, so it should be good) (Removed the Links now since i solved it)

Maybe this is straightforward thing for someone with experience in the Shader-programming, but I am unable to get it working myself!

Please, can somebody help me? :rolleyes:
    Thank you all!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. AcidSheep

AcidSheep

Ok i figured it out. Wasn't easy (for me^^). If someone has the same problem and needs an amazing Single Pass Stereo Bloom Shader, just PM me and i can send it :)

Akhillogon, kirovxq and Moeb like this.
  3. Moeb

Moeb

Hello ! could you please share with us your shader ? :)

4. Akhillogon

Akhillogon

Hi, can you share the shader?. Also can you tell me where can i get Post Processing Stack which works with Single Pass. Thanks.:):)

5. AcidSheep

AcidSheep

Sent you a pm ;)

6. juxtaposeidon

juxtaposeidon

Hi! I would love to take a look at your shaders if you don't mind sending them? As well as the other post processing stack you mentioned

7. yanglqq

yanglqq

Hello! Could you share me the shader? Thanks a lot!