Search Unity

[SOLVED] Signing certificate works in Unity 5.6 but not 2017.2 and IAP Plugin only works in 2017

Discussion in 'Android' started by aBethke, Dec 13, 2017.

1. aBethke

aBethke

We have an existing app on Google Play that we're trying to update but the latest (Dec 12 update) IAP plugin and previous version both were throwing an error in Unity 5.6. For some reason not known to us at this time the signing certificate that works in Unity 5.6, which we have also used to publish multiple beta builds to Google Play, doesn't work in Unity 2017.

The IAP error we're getting is:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Debug.get_unityLogger'.
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for UnityEditor.Purchasing.UnityIAPUpdater

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@aBethke

Here is my understanding of the situation and if there are any incorrect assumptions, let me know:
    1. You had a project with IAP working correctly in 5.6.
    2. You updated to 2017.x and the latest version of IAP (1.15.0)
    3. You ran into an issue with the signing certificate.
    4. You re-opened the project in 5.6 and are now getting the MissingMethodException.
    The reason you would be getting the Exception is because of the API changes between 5.6 and 2017.x. The Auto Updater will handle those API changes when moving to a new version, but there is no way to downgrade once those changes are made.

To get this project working in 5.6, you can delete /Plugins/UnityPurchasing/ and /Plugins/UnityChannel/ and reimport Unity IAP.

Would you be able to submit a Bug Report about this issue:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Veli-Pekka likes this.
  3. aBethke

aBethke

Hi thanks for the response.

What you said isn't quite accurate but the key thing about the 5.6 and 2017 differences does help enough that I need to retest a few things before responding further.

4. aBethke

aBethke

Thanks, that looks like that was the problem. IAP is working now

ap-unity likes this.