Search Unity

Resolved SOLVED: Shader Graph not working

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Buretto, May 21, 2019.

1. Buretto

Buretto

I have no idea what caused this, I just installed it from the Package Manager (I'm using 2019.2.0a11) and it never worked from the start.

I am unable to move nodes or the view around, the blackboard is not showing up; when I click around, it seems to be selecting/deselcting the albedo color of the master node. "Space" to add nodes works, but is useless without the other basic functionality.

It is giving this error:
    ShaderGraphImporterEditor.OnInspectorGUI must call ApplyRevertGUI to avoid unexpected behaviour.
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImporterEditor:OnDisable()

Here is what I have tried so far:

• deleted library folder
      • remove LWRP
      • searched for any "shadergraph" references in my project folder and deleted them (including manifest)
      • restart unity in offline mode
      • re-install LWRP using package manager

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. nikefootbag

nikefootbag

Does the LWRP version match the Shader Graph version?

upload_2019-5-21_14-22-25.png

3. Buretto

Buretto

4. Buretto

Buretto

Weird I went to go remove the package and Unity crashed. It's not starting up either so I'm going to look at this tomorrow, but I appreciate response; I hope maybe using your version will solve my issue. Goodnight

5. Buretto

Buretto

I finally got it working! To anyone else running 2019.2.0a11 or similar, don't trust the default LWRP version [5.2.3] or the
    2019.2 verified
    tag in the package manager. I'm not sure why they would default something that doesn't work, let alone give it a version verified tag! Perhaps the issue was very specific to my situation.. but in any case, the patch notes say:

[6.5.1] - 2019-03-08
    Fixed
    • Fixed a project import issue in the LWRP template.
    I'm using [6.5.3] but in short, to fix it use LWRP [6.5.1] or later.

6. ngjingkang97

ngjingkang97

how did you do it? how do u use [6.5.1] ? @Buretto

7. Buretto

Buretto

Sorry didn't see this until now! If you still are having trouble, you should be able to find and download it via the Package Manager. I don't think the Shader Graph package shows up by default (I believe you have to change the Manifest file) but what you can do instead is download the corresponding LWRP package (or HDRP). It will download the the Shader Graph package of the same version. Not sure if [6.5.1] shows up anymore, but as long as the version is more recent I believe it should work.