Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Scrollbar Jitter -- Scroll Rect issues

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by KingCrazy, Jan 21, 2016.

1. KingCrazy

KingCrazy

Hello,
    I'm trying to get an inventory menu set up, and I'm having a bit of trouble using a Scroll Rect and Scrollbar.

Here's a GIF of my issue (Note: I dont click anything until I start dragging it downward)

So right now I have the layout set up as:
    ScrollView (Contains the Scroll Rect. Content is set to "Scrollable Content")
    >Scrollable Content
    (Layout grid and content size fitter to expand when more objects are in the inventory)
    >>Inventory Item (Prefab with Horizontal Layout group to contain the ui elements)
    >>Inventory Item
    >>Inventory Item (etc)
    Scrollbar

The issue seems to be that the Scrollable Content's Y position is constantly changing.

...However there's nothing I set up to cause that. No scripts are running to cause this, only the Scroll Rect.

Upon turning off the Scroll Rect the issue disappears. But obviously I cannot scroll the window once the Scroll Rect is turned off.

Is this just a Unity 5 bug? Because I've never had this happen before. Only recently with the recent updates have I started to notice this with UI and Scroll Rects and scrollbars

If I'm leaving out any details feel free to ask. I don't come here often, normally I search up my issues myself and resolve them based on answers I find. However this is simply too weird for me to just ignore... I've never encountered anything like this, nor have I found anyone with a similar issue.

Thanks for the help! : )
    EDIT: I'm an idiot. I forgot a long time ago to remove a Scroll Rect from a higher tier Game Object which was trying to control the same content.

Not sure how to delete topics, if possible.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    DanielBonaker and SimonDarksideJ like this.