Search Unity

[SOLVED] Root Motion and NavMesh getting stuck on edges

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Kennosuke, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Kennosuke

Kennosuke

https://imgur.com/a/75pggBw

If you look at the GIF in the above link, you'll see a monster walking forward via root motion. The cylinder leading the monster is the NavMeshAgent. The sphere and cube colliders around the monster are simply triggers I'm using for other monster behavior.

With all of that said, the monster pathfinding is getting stuck on NavMesh edges, and I can't seem to figure out why.

I've tried having the agent lead the monster (seen above) as well as be right on top of the monster. Regardless, the path finding always gets stuck, and I'm at a loss.

What further confuses me is that the only possible physics capable collider would be the agent cylinder, as everything else on the gameobject hierarchy are just triggers.

If I choose not to use root motion, then path finding has no issues, but there is significant foot sliding.

Would anyone happen to have experienced this and found a solution?

2. Kennosuke

Kennosuke

Oh, how interesting. Disabling "kinematic" on the monster's rigidbody fixed the issue.

Hmmm, I guess the "kinematic" setting was affecting the agent's cylinder collider in some way.

Oh well, solved.