Search Unity

[Solved] Remote Settings always returning zero

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by acr1378, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1378

acr1378

I just started using remote settings in my project. As far as I can tell I have everything set up properly, but the the Remote Settings GetInt calls always return 0 (or the default values if I specify them). I'm using remote settings from code, not from the editor.

The project does seem to have a connection with the Remote Settings server as I am able to refresh the values in the Remote Settings window and they do give the correct values as defined in the Dashboard (see attached).

Here are my Remote Settings Handlers:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void HandleRemoteUpdate()
    2.     {
    3.         int maxAdFrequencyInSeconds  = RemoteSettings.GetInt("maxAdFrequencyInSeconds", Default_maxAdFrequencyInSeconds);
    4.         int idleThresholdInSeconds   = RemoteSettings.GetInt("idleThresholdInSeconds", Default_idleThresholdInSeconds);
    5.         int noAdsBufferTimeInSeconds = RemoteSettings.GetInt("noAdsBufferTimeInSeconds", Default_noAdsBufferTimeInSeconds);
    6.         promptedAdInterval = RemoteSettings.GetInt("promptedAdIntervalInSeconds", Default_promptedAdInterval);
    8.         maxAdFrequency  = new TimeSpan(0,0,maxAdFrequencyInSeconds);
    9.         idleThreshold   = new TimeSpan(0,0,idleThresholdInSeconds);
    10.         noAdsBufferTime = new TimeSpan(0,0,noAdsBufferTimeInSeconds);
    12.         Debug.Log(String.Format("maxAdFrequencyInSeconds = {0} || idleThresholdInSeconds = {1} || noAdsBufferTimeInSeconds = {2} || promptedAdInterval = {3}"
    13.                                 , maxAdFrequencyInSeconds, idleThresholdInSeconds, noAdsBufferTimeInSeconds, promptedAdInterval));
    14.     }
    17.     void RemoteSettingsUpdateCompleted(bool wasUpdatedFromServer, bool settingsChanged, int serverResponse)
    18.     {
    19.         Debug.Log(String.Format("wasUpdatedFromServer = {0} || settingsChanged = {1} || serverResponse = {2}", wasUpdatedFromServer,settingsChanged ,serverResponse));
    20.         DebugCall();
    21.     }
    When UpdateCompleted is first called , the values returned are:
    wasUpdatedFromServer = False || settingsChanged = False || serverResponse = -1

In subsequent calls I get:
    wasUpdatedFromServer = True || settingsChanged = True || serverResponse = 200

RemoteSettings.Updated is only called once at the start of the game with the wrong values, and is never called again, even when I call ForceUpdate().

Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@acr1378

Your screenshot shows the Release configuration, but the Editor will only pull the values from the Development configuration.

Can you confirm that the keys and values are also in the Development config?

3. acr1378

acr1378

Ah ok. The keys were in the release configuration. I found out after I posted this that everything worked just fine when I built to my iPad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.