Search Unity

[SOLVED] Reflection Probe Static flag in Unity 5.1.1?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by ArachnidAnimal, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Ever since updating to Unity 5.1.1, I have been having issues with Unity seeming to ignore the static flags.
    Now I am having an issue with reflection probes:
    EVERYTHING in my scene has the static flags cleared. Nothing is marked as Reflection probe static.
    I add a baked reflection probe to the scene, hit the bake button, and suddenly certain objects receive the reflection from the probe. How can this be? It was my understanding the game objects needed to be marked reflection probe static to receive the baked reflection.
    Did something change? It seems that the issue is now that if setting the reflection probe to anything other than "off" on a game objects mesh renderer, overrides the static flag. Can anyone confirm this?

Before bake: reflection probe added to mesh render, but Static flag not set
    beforeBake.png

after bake: a reflection is added to the mesh.

afterbake.png
    but nothing in the game object is marked as static
    Thanks.

2. julienkay

julienkay

As far as I know the 'Reflection Probe Static' flag only determines which objects are going to be baked into the reflection probe, not which are affected by it.

If you want certain objects to not receive reflections from probes, select the Mesh Renderer of that object and set the 'Reflection Probes' property to 'Off'

ArachnidAnimal likes this.
  3. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Ok, you are correct. My understating of the flag purpose was not correct. It makes sense now how it works.