Search Unity

Bug [SOLVED] Quests hands tracking is not working in Unity editor

Discussion in 'VR' started by Dance_M, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Dance_M

Dance_M

For some reason hands tracking is not working anymore in Unity editor.

Tried with Quest Link and with Air Link.
    Tried in a clean project with the latest updates and Quest Pro.
    Tried in some old project for Quest 2 (and with Quest 2) where everything was fine a few month ago. Nothing.
    Checked with Oculus Integration examples - controller ok, hands are absent in the editor.
    In latest Unity Movement examples eye & face tracking works, controllers works, but no hands tracking, no head movement mirroring, no hands mirroring even with the controllers in the scene.
    And of course I tried to reboot everything.

No errors in editor, but some warnings appear (only sometimes):

I will be grateful for any help.

Windows 11
    Unity 2021.3.4/2021.3.13
    Oculus Integration v46
    Oculus XR 3.2.2-pre.1
    Oculus app version 46.0.0.230.0 (46.0.0.229.0). I tried latest Oculus app, then switched to test channel - no changes.
    Quest Pro v46.0.0.226

2. samschwert

samschwert

Why is it that no one talking about this ? my guess is that not many people are using hand tracking in their development.. Same exact issue here with quest 2.

3. Qleenie

Qleenie

works for me fine with Unity 2021.3 LTS and latest Oculus integration. Actually never had a problem with this in any version. Do you have Developer Runtime Features enabled in Oculus software?

4. Dance_M

Dance_M

5. SuperLowPoly

SuperLowPoly

we just tested it on several computers, some work, some dont and eventually they don't show any errors like yours. The problems seem very random.

6. roymagnuson

roymagnuson

Did you ever get a solution for this? I am in the same boat. An old laptop works just fine, but my development rig just stopped working out of nowhere.

7. apoorvasingal_unity

apoorvasingal_unity

I am having the same issue with the quest pro. The hand does not render when connected to link but in the build i can see the hand. Using Unity 2021.3.21.

8. Doraemon231

Doraemon231

9. Extrys

Extrys

Not fixed for me im using Meta all in one SDK v60, and im on windows 11, its just not working a friend of mine with the same exact project synced with git is working

10. Extrys

Extrys

11. Dance_M

Dance_M

For those who still face the problem, here is what I found later:
    It was caused by UltraLeap software I had installed, for some reason it breaks native Oculus hands tracking even while UltraLeap software is disabled. I uninstalled UL and all good since then.

CDawes, nymios and Extrys like this.
  12. Extrys

Extrys

I can confirm this solved my problem, thanks for your help!

Dance_M likes this.
  13. irtazaumer1

irtazaumer1

I dont think i have this installed yet im still facing this problem. my quest 3 keeps losing track of my hands

14. Extrys

Extrys

the initial bug was about not being able to have hands at all in any moment, if you hapen to have your hands tracked but then sudently lose tracking, try to turn off the automatic hand tracking switching

Dance_M likes this.
  15. CDawes

CDawes

Thank you so so so so much for this thread - I'm about to give a demo at 11 am tomorrow and suddenly all the demos broke (you can imagine the panic)!

Uninstalling UL tracking fixed it for me too - I always thought it was Windows 11 as only a complete system wipe fixed it. I've been trying to figure this out for months! Thank you!

Dance_M likes this.