Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Question about sharing collab service

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by methos5k, Sep 8, 2017.

1. methos5k

methos5k

Can team members "leap frog" for the payment of collab, as they work on a project together? (1 month 1 person pays, the next the other/another.. etc)

Just curious, as collab is pretty handy, and come October, I'd be interested in keeping it.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @methos5k! I'm glad to hear you and your team are enjoying using Collab!

This is subject to change when we get closer to the end of the promotion period but as of now there's no set limit as to how many months you need to purchase a Teams license for (the license you'll need to continue using Collab and a selection of other Services for a set number of team members and size of all projects in your Organization (Org)). And since we allow you to transfer projects from one Org to another, you could purchase a Teams license for a set number of seats for your Org that has your current project, work on it for a month, then have another team member purchase the same Teams license for their Org, transfer your project, cancel your original Teams license and keep working. I hope that answers your questions and let me know if you have any more.

3. methos5k

methos5k

Okay, that's a good answer.. There's no "shortcut" to say, transfer team leadership of a project (I mean, right now it's just 2 of us). If I could transfer ownership (or plainly fiscal responsibility) that'd be cool.
    However, this little work around you described sounds very easy, too. Thanks for responding.

Ryan-Unity likes this.