Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Problems using Win and Mac

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Odaclick, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Odaclick

Odaclick

Hi,

Since Thursday 24th, we were experiencing a super weird issue. Collab is working perfect between 2 mac environments, however after I did an update on a windows environment; project was completely broken. Lot of issues, broken classes, prefabs, scenes, etc. Every time we try to download the changes we made in Mac in win environment project breaks and we do not have any way to solve it; restore previous version in windows or delete library folder does not work.

Any clue what might be happening? We read about installing the patch (which is basically 2017.5) Is that the solution to this issue?

2. orb

orb

Line-endings, I bet. You should set the Windows editors to always use Unix line endings, then you won't screw up any text files.

3. Odaclick

Odaclick

Problem appears after receiving files in
    Windows (push from Mac). And it was working fine, but 2 days ago it was impossible to get archives from collab using windows

4. orb

orb

Then it could be the other way around, maybe? You might have been using CR+LF line-endings, had it enabled even on the Mac, and now the Mac settings aren't doing that anymore.

One way to determine if this is or isn't the case is to open the source files in a hex editor (or use the command line "hexdump" command for Mac) on each platform and look at the line endings. CR = 13 (0xd), LF = 10 (0xa). If everything is similar on both platforms I dunno :/

5. Odaclick

Odaclick

Got it, will check!

6. Odaclick

Odaclick

Solved by updating to 2017.p5.