Search Unity

TextMesh Pro [Solved] Prefab instances keep showing TextMeshProUGUI script overrides.

Discussion in 'Unity UI (uGUI) & TextMesh Pro' started by Snul1, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Snul1

Snul1

Problem description:
    Whenever creating a new prefab instance by dragging the prefab asset into Hierarchy, prefab overrides window keeps showing TextMeshProUGUI script overrides for every Gameobject with that script attatched. And the differ window of each override shows no information (without any blue little vertical bars shown).
    Either I click "Apply All" or "Revert All" button, the same issue just emerge the next time I drag that prefab asset back to the Hierarchy.

P.S.
    Apply overrides with Text Field on TextMeshProUGUI scripts empty seems to resolve the problem but it is definitely an awkward workaround rather than the optimal solution.

Versions:
    Unity 2019.1.8f1 (7938dd008a75)
    TextMesh Pro 2.0.1

2. Snul1

Snul1

Still no any response yet? The bug described can be easily reproduced with a newly created project and then just drag any prefab containing a TMP UGUI component into the Hierarchy Panel.

Maybe I should mention @Stephan_B for a peek?
    The bug is really annoying and upgrading to Unity 2019.1.13 doesn't help either.

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Just spoke with one of the developers on the Prefab team and they have a potential solution. This will require a change in TextMesh Pro which I should be able to test tomorrow.

I'll provide an update within a day or so.

4. Snul1

Snul1

Thanks for looking into it!

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Tested the proposed change from the Prefab team and it appears to work as expected. I'll do a bit more additional testing tomorrow but this looks good so far.

Snul1 likes this.
  6. Snul1

Snul1

So the fix will be included in next release?

7. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Fix is being backported to 2018.4 / 2019.2 / 2019.3. Not for 2019.1 since there are no more releases planned for it.

This will also require an update of the TMP package. This fix on the TMP side will be included in the next package release.