Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] "Please Update, there are server changes", but, I work alone, using a single computer

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Zimbres, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Zimbres

Zimbres

Hi there!

There is a problem that nags me sometimes. I work alone, and I use Collab as backup measure. But, sometimes, Collab asks me to update, that is, to download changes saved on the server. The problem is, these changes would overwrite my current game development progress, and I work alone, using a single computer. Which means: there's no real updates for me to download.

Someone else experienced this, and know what causes this to happen?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Zimbres! I'm sorry that you've been running into this issue. In some instances, a publish can fail to succeed where the client thinks there's a new change to pull when there isn't. In these scenarios, removing the Collab snapshot file from the Library/Collab folder in your project should allow Collab to resync its state and properly detect your changes that have or haven't been uploaded. Can you try that the next time you run into it and see if that solves your issue?

Zimbres likes this.
  3. Zimbres

Zimbres

Thanks @ryanc-unity ! I was able to upload my latest changes without problem after this.

Ryan-Unity likes this.