Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI [SOLVED] Overlay a scenes with another scene.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by BrewNCode, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Hello, people from Unity. I'm new to this thing of UI and in college, I have a project of a wine simulator. Well, the thing is I need to create the screens in Unity and there is something that bugs me. How can I put a scene over another scene using buttons? The thing that I want is this:

I'm using Unity 5.5
    scene1 (is the Main screen with some buttons like the settings buttons)
    scene2 (is the settings window, a window that covers no more than the middle of the background)

so. scene1 => press settings button => scene2 overlays the main camera without covering the entire background(scene1).

How can I do this?

2. TheWanderingBen

TheWanderingBen

I don't know the answer with scenes, specifically (and I'm not sure if that's possible with scenes, though maybe somebody else knows how!).

Is there a reason you would need the settings window to be its own scene, though? Otherwise this is possible with panels. Take a look at Unity's Panes, Panels, and Windows Tutorial and their TogglePanelButton class.

3. methos5k

methos5k

I agree with Ben that panels sound much easier. You can load scenes into (with) other scenes with LoadSceneAdditive (I think it's called), but for this scenario that seems... odd :)

4. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

You guys mean like disabling and enabling by buttons?

5. methos5k

methos5k

Ya, or by a keystroke.. position it in the center and set it as lastsibling when it's opened. That should do what you were asking about (minus the second scene part).

6. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Nevermind guys. I just solved. I just used a new window and made an On Click function.

Change the thread to SOLVED.

7. methos5k

methos5k

Very cool. Glad ya got it solved :)