Search Unity

Question [Solved] Opening project from windows on linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Tayfe, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Tayfe

Tayfe

Hey,

I'm having "some" problems (352 to be exactly) opening a project (Unity 2019.3.13f1) which was created with Windows 10 on Linux Ubuntu 20.04: I simply cloned the project from git as I always do when I'm working on a new machine. Then I tried to open the project on my Linux computer and I get all of these errors: https://justpaste.it/5ib4i

Basically there are 4 kind of errors:

1. Namespace can't be found e.g.:
    Assets/Photon/PhotonChat/Code/ChatAppSettings.cs(17,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

2. Can't read png files e.g.:
    Could not create asset from Assets/_Project/Images/Tablet/Placeholder/placeholder.jpg: File could not be read

3. ImportFBX error e.g.:
    ImportFBX Errors:
    Couldn't read file /home/******/******/App/Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Demos/Shared Assets/Animations/HumanoidJumpAndFall.fbx.
    Unexpected file type

4. Import sound e.g.:
    Errors during import of AudioClip Assets/_Project/Resources/Debug Sounds/2.ogg:
    FSBTool ERROR: The format of the source file is invalid, see output for details.
    FSBTool ERROR: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this issues or even better how to get rid of them?

2. MadWatch

MadWatch

I can't say for sure. But it might be because you forgot to enable Git LFS (the Git stuff to handle larges binary files). If you forget to activate that thing then basically all your binary files (such as plugins, PNG, FBX, OGG and the likes) will be created but empty. Try opening your PNG and OGG files with something else than Unity. If you can't then it's probably that.

Saishy, claudiawatson and Tayfe like this.
  3. Tayfe

Tayfe

Thank you so much! It took me a whole day trying to solve this problem and I couldn't help myself.

Just installed git-lfs and everything is working instantly just as it should! Thank you!