Search Unity

[solved]OpenGL 3.2 is required.. you have 0.0?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by xithion, Jan 13, 2016.

1. xithion

xithion

Hello!

I've been running the Linux Unity3d build on an old machine with Ubuntu and intel integrated graphics. The 5.1 build worked just fine for me, but the most recent (as of 1/13/2016) 5.3 package won't open projects. I get the splash screen, but when I click on a project to open I get:

OpenGL 3.2 is required. Your GPU (Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q45/Q43) or OpenGL drivers only supports OpenGL 0.0.​

Running glxinfo shows OpenGL version 2.1 is supported by the card (Unity3d 5.1 did work afterall).

The last part of the Unity Editor logFile shows:

Renderder: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q45/Q43
    Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    Version: 2.1 Mesa 11.0.2
    GLESL 0
    glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) -failureOPENGL LOG: Creating OpenGL 0.0 graphics device​

I've tried solutions for similar issues in other threads, such as using MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE, etc, but this doesn't work.

Using -force-opengl doesn't change anything.

Also, this shows up in the log after I launch Unity, but before I try and open a project:

ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    [0113/105900:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(402)] Failed to establish GPU channel.
    Any ideas? Please help!

EDIT: I reloaded 5.1 for now, and I can confirm that the last 2 lines mentioned above "ATTENTION and Failed to establish GPU channel" appear in the logfile there as well. So I guess those lines are unrelated...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Tak

Tak

This is with the 20160106 build? Can you send me your editor log? (~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log)

3. xithion

xithion

Sure, do I post it here, or send it to you some other way?

4. xithion

xithion

<face palm>
    Somehow I mixed up the various versions of the .deb package I had grabbed.... I was still installing the older 5.3 package. No issues when using the 20160106 build...

My bad, thanks for your time Tak....