Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] No option to clear in progress in the dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ISanchezV, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ISanchezV

ISanchezV

Hi,

I had to make copies of my project in order to open it twice for testing and some unrelated issues, and now Collab says I have unpublished changes from myself on those copies. I tried going to the Dashboard, to the In Progress tab to clear these changes, but all I have on that tab is this, no button or option or anything:

Within the Editor, In-Progress displays when another user has unpublished changes to a scene or prefab. In some cases you may want to remove In-Progress for users who are no longer on the project or who have unpublished changes on duplicate copies of the project no longer in use.

Clearing an In-Progress notification will not affect the project or any of its files. It will simply remove thethat your team members see next to the affected files.

Am I missing something?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ISanchezV, the In-Progress notifications only apply to unpublished scenes and prefabs. Do you have unpublished changes to your scenes and prefabs in the copy of your project that isn't being picked up by this dashboard or are do you have just changes to scripts and other assets?

3. ISanchezV

ISanchezV

Hi @ryanc-unity, thank you in advance for your help. It is indeed supposed changes in scenes and prefabs that Unity is telling me I made (since I was the one who copied the project), but the Dashboard isn't picking them up. Publishing them isn't an option, since these are either local copies which found meaning later, or too old/deleted.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I see, that is very strange. If seeing these icons has become a big distraction for you and your team then we can take a look into what's happening here. We'd need you to open Unity using the "-enableCollabEventLogs' command line argument, then send your project's Editor.log file to our Support Team. You can reach our Support Team from the Developer Dashboard, clicking on Support under the Collaborate tab, then clicking on Open a Support Ticket. If you could attach your Editor.log file and include a link to this forum thread then that will give us a good starting point to find out exactly what's going on here.

These notifications are just meant to be informational and don't interfere with any other behavior of Collaborate or Unity. And since you mentioned that these scenes are either local copies that don't need to shared or are too old, then you could delete these files and publish those changes or add them to your project's .collabignore file. Either option will definitely remove these notifications for good (please let me know if they don't, because that would be super weird!).

5. divyajalan

divyajalan

@ryanc-unity:
    Hi, I have a similar scenario where I made a backup local copy of my project. Now after my work has been completed & I have published my changes, Collaborate still shows these In Progress Items by my name. I have already deleted the backup project so the changes actually do not exist any longer.
    I do understand that these icons are mostly informative & do not interfere with the working, but it is distracting, specially cause now I can not track clearly if any changes are made by someone else on my team. Could you please help me get this fixed?

P.S: My dashboard shows a similar message without any button to clear the In Progress files.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @divyajalan, deleting your backup project will still leave behind your In Progress notifications since the In Progress notifications only update when Scenes/Prefabs are modified inside of Unity. Deleting the whole project doesn't get detected by Unity so the notifications aren't able to remove themselves in that instance.

As for your dashboard issue, there does appear to be an issue with the In Progress dashboard not displaying edited Scenes/Prefabs like it's supposed to. I've opened a bug with the Developer Dashboard team and will update you as soon as I have more information.

7. LilGames

LilGames

Any progress on this? I have the same issue. The page doesn't show any info, buttons or links. Just horizontal lines.

8. Kyuugatsu

Kyuugatsu

Unity Technologies

Hi - the dashboard issue should be fixed now.

phuong_unity likes this.
  9. Archimagus

Archimagus

Is there something I need to do to see the fixed dashboard? All I get is this.
    upload_2020-1-13_20-16-21.png

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Archimagus, you shouldn't need to do anything special (beyond refreshing the page) to see your In-Progress notifications again. Can you verify that you have notifications in your Unity Editor that aren't appearing in the Dashboard?

11. Archimagus

Archimagus

Hi @ryanc-unity, I'm not sure if you did anything to change it, but I know see the in progress in the dashboard. I had tried it several times on several different PC's and done page refreshes and cleared caches and it always looked like my screen shot above. I just went there now though and I see the progress and am able to clear the old stuck one.
    Thanks.

Ryan-Unity likes this.