Search Unity

[Solved] No changes shown for build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by liortal, Mar 28, 2016.

1. liortal

liortal

Hey,

I have a build that is set to auto-build on every source control change. Sometimes no "File changes" are shown, as seen in this pic:

upload_2016-3-28_12-36-45.png

Is this an issue you're aware of ?

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Yes this is a known issue and something we are working on addressing. Currently, Cloud Build will occasionally fail to record the changes between builds but it shouldn't affect the build itself.

3. Rabadash8820

Rabadash8820

Has there been any progress on this issue? Over a year later, and Cloud Build still says "no changes" on like 80% of my builds, and thats using Collaborate also!

4. EarMaster

EarMaster

I can confirm. Auto-Build is totally useless at the moment as it is triggered by changes submitted to the repository, but then doesn't detect these changes on build. In addition to this the Build mechanism receives a cooldown.

5. unity-tuesday

unity-tuesday

Unity Technologies

This is more than likely a separate issue on the Collaborate service side. We're actively working on a bug at the moment where changeset data isn't uploading in automatically triggered builds. This doesn't happen if you trigger the build manually, though. I'll update this thread when we've confirmed a fix.

6. EarMaster

EarMaster

This also has happened with external repositories (e.g. Bitbucket).

7. unity-tuesday

unity-tuesday

Unity Technologies

@EarMaster can you DM me your project ID so I can take a look?

8. unity-tuesday

unity-tuesday

Unity Technologies

A fix was deployed this morning, so changes should now be reflected appropriately in auto-builds coming from Collaborate. :D

9. sorenlaulainen

sorenlaulainen

I have noticed this issue on one of our projects over the last two weeks. We just set up UCB and Collaborate and we've had about 14 builds so far, and all of the auto-builds have reported "no changes" even though the builds themselves are different.