Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved ]Network Transform wont update Rotation 2D

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Gunging, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Gunging

Gunging

Ive found lots of other resolved questions, (Like 10) about 3D and some others (3) about 2D, but everytime I try to adapt the code to my project it wont work, Id give a sample of what Ive tried, but its that I dont really know how to use [SyncVar] and get an error "Could not build Network Behavior" aside with some others, This must be real simple, but whatever I do just doesnt work xd.

This is my closest attempt:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.UI;
    3. using System.Collections;
    4. using UnityEngine.Networking;
    6. public class Movement : NetworkBehaviour {
    7.      [SyncVar] Quaternion rot;
    9.      void Update() {
    10.      if (!isLocalPlayer) {transform.rotation = rot; }
    11.      if (!isLocalPlayer) { return;}
    12.      rot = transform.rotation;
    13.      }
    14. }
    I dont really know what happens here, Apparently, only one Client gets each other's rotation? I used 2 windowed games and the editor to test this in an online host, and the guy who created the game was the only one that percieved the other's rotation, but when I use a windowed version and the editor, the client is the one that percieves the rotations, not the host.

I am really confused, never coded multiplayer before, I dont understand, please help xd

2. Gunging

Gunging

Ok thank so much to whoever those 20 views are from, for at least taking a view to my problem, I now know what it was:

The problem wasnt it not syncing rotation, I, have my 2D game and you collide with lots of things, when coding singleplayer I hated the Rigidbody2D's angularVelocity cause my move code's rotation section does not counters it, so It stayed there annoying, but as its my first game, I didnt know it was it, then I constrained z rotation, so only the move code can make it rotate, and right now I have seen that the network transform was syncing the Rigidbody, I didnt know that, and the Rigidbody has no rotation, it has angular Velocity, and by constrainig z Rotation, it cancelled angular Velocity and it wouldnt rotate. So now, I dont have any constraints in the Rigidbody and the final code is:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityEngine.Networking;
    5. public class Movement : NetworkBehaviour {
    6.     public float moveSpeed;
    8.     void Update () {
    9.         if (!isLocalPlayer) { return; }
    10.         Move();
    11.     }
    13.     void Move()
    14.     {
    15.         GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>().angularVelocity = 0;
    16.         if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.UpArrow)) { GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>().velocity = transform.up * moveSpeed; } else { if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.DownArrow)) { GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>().velocity = -transform.up * moveSpeed; } else { GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>().velocity = Vector2.zero; } }
    17.         if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.LeftArrow)) { transform.Rotate(0, 0, 100 * Time.deltaTime * moveSpeed); } else { if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.RightArrow)) { transform.Rotate(0, 0, 100 * Time.deltaTime * -moveSpeed); } else { transform.Rotate(0, 0, 0); } }
    18.     }
    19. }
    It now works :D

RemDust likes this.